Buying BV in Paris

dottiebbb

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
I'll be taking a short vacation in Paris during the last week of May (yay!). Given the current exchange rate, the bag I want, a BV pillow, is about $200 less in France than the US, plus detax savings.

In the spirit of saving even more, I wonder when the Paris boutiques have their sales. I found an old thread that said the sale starts in June. Is that still the case? If so, perhaps I could contact my SA in Chicago about an earlier private sale. Not sure if the boutiques have any connection.

Also, are there any department stores in Paris that sell BV and may have a sale? Or high quality resale shops?

Any intel is greatly appreciated. [emoji1]

I'll be taking a short vacation in Paris during the last week of May (yay!). Given the current exchange rate, the bag I want, a BV pillow, is about $200 less in France than the US, plus detax savings.

In the spirit of saving even more, I wonder when the Paris boutiques have their sales. I found an old thread that said the sale starts in June. Is that still the case? If so, perhaps I could contact my SA in Chicago about an earlier private sale. Not sure if the boutiques have any connection.

Also, are there any department stores in Paris that sell BV and may have a sale? Or high quality resale shops?

Any intel is greatly appreciated.
emoji1.png

Sales in France are state-regulated so they are set for the 2 periods of time during the year - summer (mid/late June) and winter (after New Year). I heard that the government hasn't been that strict recently and has allowed "special sales" which are mostly for members and/or regulars.

I enjoy shopping at Printemps. You can do your detax paperwork right there and they allow you to combine all the same-day receipts (including BV's) for detax purpose. BV has boutiques in almost every department store but some of them are stand-alone boutiques; not all the department stores let you combine designer brands receipts to detax.

I can't recall the name of the SA at the Printemps BV right now. She's one of the few Japanese SAs there and speaks fluent English. She's super helpful. She managed to transfer a few items in different colors to the store within a few hours when I was there last time.

Reactions: dottiebbb
Sales in France are state-regulated so they are set for the 2 periods of time during the year - summer (mid/late June) and winter (after New Year). I heard that the government hasn't been that strict recently and has allowed "special sales" which are mostly for members and/or regulars.

I enjoy shopping at Printemps. You can do your detax paperwork right there and they allow you to combine all the same-day receipts (including BV's) for detax purpose. BV has boutiques in almost every department store but some of them are stand-alone boutiques; not all the department stores let you combine designer brands receipts to detax.

I can't recall the name of the SA at the Printemps BV right now. She's one of the few Japanese SAs there and speaks fluent English. She's super helpful. She managed to transfer a few items in different colors to the store within a few hours when I was there last time.
Thanks so much! This is exactly the info I needed. Sounds like I won't luck out with a sale, but buying in Paris is still a good deal. I'll be sure to check out Printemps. It's close to my hotel.

Thanks so much! This is exactly the info I needed. Sounds like I won't luck out with a sale, but buying in Paris is still a good deal. I'll be sure to check out Printemps. It's close to my hotel.

You probably knew already - you do NOT need to bring your passport around. Just take a high-quality colored picture of your passport info page and keep that on your phone and you can use that to detax. I know some people like to print out a colored copy of that page and that's fine too.

Have fun in Paris. Looking forward to seeing your reveal post :smile:

You will find the best selection on Avenue Montaigne. Department stores have a good seasonal selection but less limited edition pieces. In boutiques, they often have more than one piece of the same model/color. Thus, if you are not happy with the stitching or anything, the sales staff can bring another one from stock.

Private sale in Paris is at the beginning of May but the exact dates are not yet known. Usually they are known two-three weeks in advance.

Reactions: dottiebbb
You will find the best selection on Avenue Montaigne. Department stores have a good seasonal selection but less limited edition pieces. In boutiques, they often have more than one piece of the same model/color. Thus, if you are not happy with the stitching or anything, the sales staff can bring another one from stock.

Private sale in Paris is at the beginning of May but the exact dates are not yet known. Usually they are known two-three weeks in advance.
Thanks for the info! I think I'll stop by Avenue Montaigne first.