Buying at Cartier

scheurin

Jun 25, 2020
After more purchases at Cartier than I ever dreamt of - my lessons learned I'd like to share with you:

1. Buy offline
Aside avoiding their phenomenal online chaos you get a real person's name and face. Someone to refer to, talk to. And - even more improtant - somebody who sees you and can adapt your ideas with his or her knowledge.

2. Get a genuine goldsmith
Having a real goldsmith as your sales rep makes a huge difference. She knows so much more beyond just sales stuff and gives you advice on maintainance, where to keep an eye on, and on and on and on. Trust me I've had both.

3. Get your reps email & contact details
Their emails seem to be [email protected]. Some reps also have cellphones. However communicating by email is much more straight forward as your rep can sit down afterhours and get back to you in a profound manner rather than just answering a call in between other stuff.

4. Schedule an appointment
Scheduling an appointment is hassle-free. I've seen customers waiting for an hour. Even better is to mail them your ideas or schedule a call a few days before your appointment. This enables your rep to be prepared, having you the pieces you want ready for you. However do not expect them to order everything in a few days just for viewing unless it is a done sale. Regular products like a Love ring or a JUC should be readily available, though. Being in their boutique still unsure they can order your piece from outside without any commitment on your side. In such a case you have to be prepared to return for another appointment within a week or so.

5. Certificate
Be sure you get the certificate stamped and signed. Online they have really nice hard cover envelopes you also can receive in their boutique if you ask for.

6. Goodies
Normally you get these small travel pouches and a cleaning kit. Sometimes they have Champagne - its sizing depends on the value - which is just excellent and some nice looking but mediocre tasting Eiffel Tower chocolate chips. The latter two are offline only. The phenomenal wrapping I just received online but you need to destroy it anyhow when opening. You get a red Cartier bag or a white neutral one if you feel unsafe or have a white one including the red bag folded therein. Leaving tons of $$$ at Cartier you can ask for more but I won't go into details as I am not sure what they are officially allowed.

7. Bring some extra money
There is always something which just begs to be bought alongside like e.g. a Love ring when you buy a Love bracelet.

8. Email your rep
This might sound unusual as you think it should be the other way round. In my experience thanking her for the excellent service locks your contact with your rep making her going the extra mile should you ever ask for something down the road. And trust me this will happen. Even better is cc'ing her boss if you know him, too.

Hope these are a few helpful ideas for your next visit to Cartier.

How can we get a genuine goldsmith? I do make appointments prior to going... when we call perhaps customer service to request appointment, I wonder if we can make requests for it..

I also didn't get the hard cover envelop or even the love envelop for my love bracelet. *le sigh* Nor the champagne or Eiffel Tower Choco Chips. I got Evian water though. LOL Maybe cause of COVID... but I don't imagine much difference between sipping champagne and water. (This is at Cartier Mansion in 5th Ave) I DID GET champagne when in Rue de la paix tho :biggrin:

All in all - adding to this for everyone else... my experience at Cartier Mansion at 5th Ave was mediocre... Hope it helps everyone else in making a decision on which location to shop at.

Reactions: introvert
This might be a really funny question but what happens to packages sent to an apartment complex? I know pricier items require a signature but how does that work if I don’t live in a house? Do they leave it in your mail box expecting it’s secure? Thanks in advance!!

This might be a really funny question but what happens to packages sent to an apartment complex? I know pricier items require a signature but how does that work if I don’t live in a house? Do they leave it in your mail box expecting it’s secure? Thanks in advance!!
No, they will require a signature. You may need to pick it up at the shipping center depot if someone will not be there to sign for it. Otherwise perhaps you can have it shipped to an alternate address.

Reactions: Lawny
If there is no door person or individual authorized to sign for your parcel at a welcome desk, the delivery may be attempted the next business day or you may have to pick up the package at a nearby outpost. You can also try to change the shipping address or have your item re-delivered to an address that will have someone available to sign for it.

Reactions: Lawny