Buying a smoky rare legacy 10328

dstalksalot

Rehabbing Coach since 2010
O.G.
Apr 21, 2009
ok guys, I love refurbishing bags, but I am not sure I am ready for this one....I just bid on a won a rare Legacy Rose 10328 on the bay for under 100 bucks however, the seller did not disclose the fact that the bag came from a smoking home in the auction and I had to ask about it after the auction ended. The bag is in good shape, but not mint other wise. Some scuffing in the corners......
I have not paid yet and I kind of want to buy the bag any way because she is a beauty and oh so rare......but I have never smoked in my life so to own a bag that has is kind of a turn off.......

So would you guys take a risk and try to remove the smell? Or let the bag go and cancel the bid due to non disclosure. For any one who cares, it is this bag in ROSE

Attachments

• HG bag.jpg
    HG bag.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 96
I know that there will always be a great deal to be found, just wondering if this will be my "the bag that got away" story......and I know how you all feel about THAT! Or if I will instantly be regretting the purchase once I open the box and get to smell it.....

An '06 legacy shoulder bag in ROSE for under $100????
Heck yeah, I'd buy it!!
But...
I am a smoker so, the smoke wouldn't bother me a bit..lol.

In all reality though, even if I wasn't a smoker, I think I'd still have to grab that bag up for the price. I do agree with Bunny though, If you don't want to put the time and effort into getting the smell out then, maybe this bag isn't for you.
If you do get it and decide that the smell is too bad or, if you can't get the smell out, you can always resell it. I'm sure you would get your money back.

PS: I've heard that lovinmybags bag candies work great for the smell of smoke..
http://www.lovinmybags.com/bagcandies.html

I saw (I thought) a rose on the bay that was a repeat auction...I know I checked the feedback of this person, and the negative she had was for this bag, and they said it was in horrible shape and sent it back. I saw that she relisted it. Now I can't remember if it was the rose or the whiskey, but I remember looking at it. Check her feedback and see if this is the one. If it is, I'd forget it!

CC I think that was for the WHITE one...That auction ended yesterday some time at 81 bucks.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230366391226&_trkparms=tab=Watching I was watching that one and actually contacted the previous buyer to see how bad it was. I decided against that one since it was dirty and white....not a good combo....Plus the seller did not change the wording on the auction since the previous seller filed her claim......

Mine was a badly listed auction to a new seller but has good feedback for buying....I caught the auction right when it opened by chance.......

Here is her photo....it is in good condition with some slight wear on the corners. The inside is super clean.....

I suppose I COULD get it and resell if I can't get the smell out.

Coach 106....I have seen these online, thanks for the link reminder. I am wondering if any one has actually used them and if that method is better than baking soda or coffee beans. I have also heard of this but never used it: the FRIDGE IT carbon odor absorbers...hear it is good for smells...

Attachments

• Pink HG.jpg
    Pink HG.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Oh, yes, it was that white one!! Sorry! Glad you were on top of it! I would say to go for it but I don't know anything about smoky bags...how difficult it is to remove that smell.

Its not that old of a bag so there is bound to be another one popping up eventually. I personally have been burned several times buying used bags on eBay. They came filled with hair, caked with cheap makeup, used tissues, and smokey smells. I honestly would pass it up because if you can't get the smell out, you will feel a bit icky every time you try to use the bag.

I'm not a smoker and smoke's smell really bother's me. I bought a bag also from a seller that smoke. The bag is really pretty but until now I can still smell the smoke. I tried everything to remove the smell but I can still smell it. I only used it once. If smoke smell bother's you, I wouldn't buy even if it's a great deal. I hope all seller's disclose in their listing about the smoke smell.

On the UP side I'd be willing to bet that the leather bags don't hold the smoke smell as bad as the fabric/signature bags!!!

IMO, I'd give it a shot. If you have the time to let it air out, and do some cleaning I think you'll be OK.

If you can't deal with it, you can always resell it to one of the social rejected smokers!!! LIKE ME!!! LOL

Good Luck!!!

I read a thread here on the forum just the other day. Don't know where I saw it, I think it was in the ebay section, but they talked about using charcoal, febreeze & a lot of airing out to get smoke smells out. I remember someone advised putting it in a zipped plastic bag for a long time (like a month) & changing out febreeze sheets often.

It sounds like it can be done but it will take a lot of effort.

I just picked up some activated carbon and so I will give that a try first. I think I am going to go for it :biggrin: I think....I have a couple more hours before I have to pay for the bag.

I'm not a smoker and I'd still go for it. That bag in that color is next to impossible to find in ANY condition for under $300 or so! Rarely do they pop up on Ebay. Good luck with whatever you decide!