• black granite metallic

• summit white

• other (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

JennMSU

GO STATE!
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
i have decided on a chevy malibu and i'm down to black granite metallic (more depth than a flat black) or summit white (a true, snowy white, not a cream of off-white). i like both!

currently i drive a black 2-dr pontiac g6 gt so going to a 4-dr is a switch, but for whatever reason i really, really like the malibu. pretty solid ride too. the trim package that i'm getting is the LT2 so i can get the 5-spoke aluminum 17" rims or the 18"-ers. and if i remember the options correctly, i'll have the dual exhaust, just to get an idea of what the car will look like, and i'm getting the ebony ultralux suede-like interior.

so black, white, or other? when it comes to cars, i take good care of them. i'm actually buying this one and not leasing too so i need to get something that won't look weird in a few years.

here is a link to the malibu page:

http://www.chevrolet.com/2009malibu

thanks for your help! :tup::tup::tup:

I know a lot of people go for black. For me, between the two, it would have to be white. The only way I would drive a black or red car is if it was free. But it looks good in either color. Chevy Malibu is a good choice.

What about the G8??

Regarding color....have you thought about red? Black shows dirt very easily as does white. I found with my red car I could go another week without a wash and it looked good still.

black is WAY worse than white in showing dirt, but i have a black car and adore it. i dont mind washing it more bc i love the color so much, so i voted for the metallic color!

I would go w/ white. Lighter color cars don't show scratches as bad & being in MI where it always snows in the winter I would go w/ something that kinda camouflages the dirty snowy filthy slush.

I cannot stand white cars. Black is better, but both show dirt, but white, IMO is worse. When black gets dirty I don't mind it as much as when white gets dirty for some reason.

We just bought a metallic blue car with grey interior and I LOVE it. We had to take it in to have them install the remote starter and new floor mats and they gave me a loaner. It was white with a tanish interior (But it was kind of vomit colored with green undertones or something) and I HATED it so bad. So much so that if they would have had me test drive in this I would have found reasons to hate the car just for the awful aesthetics.

silver shows dirt badly. i have a friend who just bought a brand new silver car...had it maybe 2 weeks and it's so filthy...

**it's a light silver, it's not a metallic white..and it's not a dark silver/gray

Last edited:
I nominate champagne or a similar colour. I have a black car and it looks great but it hows every scratch. In GA, there is a lot of pollen during spring so when I did not have a garage, my car would be covered in pollen. Now in LA, it seems like the equivalent is dust. I have covered parking (not a garage) and week after getting my car washed, it is has a light film of dust.

I still love the black car but a mid-tone coloured car would be easier maintenance. White cars are also a lot of work.