Buying a Kelly shoulderstrap

seline

Aug 25, 2006
Hi all!

I 'm thinking of buying a vintage kelly in vache naturelle. However the kelly doesn't come with a shoulder strap so i'm wonder whether it would be possible to buy one in the same leather from Hermès. And also, approximately, how much that would be?
Thanks in advance!

bababebi

OG
Authenticator
O.G.
May 7, 2006
http://www.bababebi.com
www.bababebi.com
Hi seline, to answer your question, yes it is possible to purchase a strap.

You will need to take in the Kelly to Hermes and order the strap. It will take a while, perhaps over 6 months a the minimum, and in vache naturelle, perhaps longer. I am not sure what the supply of vache naturel is like at present, but they probably have stock sufficient for straps. I am not sure of the cost, perhaps $500 or so.

In the meantime, you mind find a canvas one for sale on eBay, perhaps not with vache naturel at the ends but a similar gold color to use while you wait. Or alternatively a contrast canvas strap in a color you like. There are usually a few for sale on eBay. Check the seller first, and if you are unsure ask for authentication in the Accessories thread.

TammyD

Rising Star
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
the global village
I bought a barenia Kelly with brushed phw without shoulder straps and ordered it from Paris in May this year. It was ready by August and cost me around 350 euros.

TankerToad

NKAWTG
O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
Transport, Tracking & H
I have had custom made three Kelly straps. They have varied from 6 weeks to 6 monthes to make. The price was 350-450usd. Each strap had gotten more expensive but worth it to me~all depends on your proximity to a craftsman and your relationship with your store and the backlog/availability on the leather/skin you want.