Buying a bag you will never use ...

Slowhand

O.G.
Feb 12, 2009
Has anyone done this ? I know that some of you have large collections - do you buy intending to use them all ? Or do you simply 'collect' ?

I have my eye on something that I know I would never wear - however I like it and I want to own it anyway ! This is so out of character for me.

I am normally so practical and don't buy things for the sake of it - everything has a purpose or gets removed from my house if it's not useful.

Is there such thing as a buying personality I wonder ? - just thinking out loud now...

I read somewhere William Morris said he only owned two kinds of things in his house - either Useful or Beautiful (not exactly word to word but ykwim).

I think this rule applies to bags, personally.

Yes, what is it!???

Hmm, :thinking:well, I do buy with the intention of using - I'm definitely not a collector. Although, like Jo, whether they actually end up getting used as they should is another matter :lol:

I'm intrigued as to what you have your eye on Slowhand and I'm interested to know what's going on here to tempt you to act out of character :graucho: I do think that whatever it is, if you can afford it and it will give you pleasure, then why not? Plus, as bmb says, you may end up surprising yourself and it becoming a bag you love to use!

For a bit of fun - see if you can 'find' it ...

A couple of clues to help..
I like big bags and wouldn't use a small bag...
I love ALL features / styling of the Roxanne family...

What would tempt me I wonder :thinking:

Oooh, I haven't had enough coffee yet. Off for a top up and to get my thinking cap on........

Actually, it wouldn't be a Drew mini messenger would it? Or a clutch of some sort? Alexa clutch maybe? Ooo, one of those Roxanne mini pouch things?