Buying a bag every time after a heart attack. :(

I have posted here every now and then but never really got rooted here. Anyway, I feel like pouring out my heart tonight. Just keeping it short. I had a terrible time these 2+ years. I've had my first heart attack at the age of 34 (2 years ago) due to an autoimmune condition that's extremely, extremely rare; and now gone on to suffer multiple attacks due to stress, zero family support, no friends, relocation, expensive medical bills, monthly bloodwork and checkups, more stress, bad neighbours leading to poor sleep quality, dog's death etc.

My first heart attack, I bought a leather Longchamp (forgot the name), second heart attack, another leather Longchamp, red this time. It was so lovely. Third heart attack, I got a Louis Vuitton and then after the fourth one last month, all these didn't matter, and I didn't want to get anything any more because buying bags is just a distraction. After going through a phase where I tried to adopt minimalism, I didn't want to get into any bag buying anymore. I've had about 20 Longchamps and that's just one brand alone.

Then today I walked into Longchamp. Decided to clear my head, get out awhile and soak in the Christmas atmosphere in early November, and saw a pink leather Roseau. It was so pretty. The bamboo clasp is gold and the insides are gold as well.

Even though I think the black one is classic and timeless, the pink one suited me more. I do think the short handles are of a "younger look", the longer handles will help me better due to my heart condition. Weak, can't walk for long, can't carry heavy stuff etc.

So, that's my story. I guess I am lonely, and very sad, but just knowing someone is reading this, helps. Maybe more than I think. View attachment 4249250
So sorry to hear this. I hope things take a turn for the better for you very soon. Your bag is beautiful :heart:

I have 99 unread messages on here...somehow tonight yours made it through. I am so glad you reached out, shared your story, and shared your new bag with us. Sounds like you were doing some much needed self care and or retail therapy and something said to you to reach out! Definitely keep doing it and know that you are never alone. And do not hesitate to reach out to talk to someone...it could be really helpful. It could certainly help to lighten the load, that’s for sure. Oh, and I can relate to the medical part, too. Just wanted you to know that someone is out here listening. There are some great online support groups as well. I happen to be a psychologist in addition to being a Coach addict:smile:

Your bag is lovely. I can’t imagine what you are going through, but for you to go through what you have gone through you are much stronger that you are giving yourself credit for. Rooting for you! Enjoy your beautiful bag in good health.

Hang in there! You have a tough road - here in the forums is a place you can hang out and take a small break from the stress of it all! You have chosen some great bags - I am a big fan of Longchamp!

I'm so sorry you are going through tough times. You are not alone and it takes a lot of strength and courage to even start this thread. You are definitely stronger than you think. I wish that good times will come your way soon. IMG_20181112_193219.jpg

Oh, my dear. I had a major heart attack in September with serious but hopefully not totally irreversible damage done to my heart. My ejection fracture is currently at 30% which is an improvement from the 20% it was after my MI but still not very good. I have been going through the same depression and fear and feelings of aloneness. If buying yourself a new bag cheers you up then why not? I’ve bought a bag or two myself since September. This is a great community with a ton of compassionate members who are willing to listen and offer feedback, advice, or just virtual hugs. Keep coming back!

I've been on this forum a long time, but haven't been looking at posts for a while. Just saw yours. That pink bag would have stopped me in my tracks. And I'm a lot older than you. Everyone else here who has posted has been so spot on, please take care of yourself, perhaps find a counselor or support group, and keep coming here for support, understanding and friendship!

I have posted here every now and then but never really got rooted here. Anyway, I feel like pouring out my heart tonight. Just keeping it short. I had a terrible time these 2+ years. I've had my first heart attack at the age of 34 (2 years ago) due to an autoimmune condition that's extremely, extremely rare; and now gone on to suffer multiple attacks due to stress, zero family support, no friends, relocation, expensive medical bills, monthly bloodwork and checkups, more stress, bad neighbours leading to poor sleep quality, dog's death etc.

My first heart attack, I bought a leather Longchamp (forgot the name), second heart attack, another leather Longchamp, red this time. It was so lovely. Third heart attack, I got a Louis Vuitton and then after the fourth one last month, all these didn't matter, and I didn't want to get anything any more because buying bags is just a distraction. After going through a phase where I tried to adopt minimalism, I didn't want to get into any bag buying anymore. I've had about 20 Longchamps and that's just one brand alone.

Then today I walked into Longchamp. Decided to clear my head, get out awhile and soak in the Christmas atmosphere in early November, and saw a pink leather Roseau. It was so pretty. The bamboo clasp is gold and the insides are gold as well.

Even though I think the black one is classic and timeless, the pink one suited me more. I do think the short handles are of a "younger look", the longer handles will help me better due to my heart condition. Weak, can't walk for long, can't carry heavy stuff etc.

So, that's my story. I guess I am lonely, and very sad, but just knowing someone is reading this, helps. Maybe more than I think. View attachment 4249250
I read your post, I’m so sorry to hear your health has suffered and I wish for much better days ahead for you. I think the bag you have chosen is beautiful. I hope you enjoy using it and I also hope the lovely replies here have made you feel less alone.

Oh, my dear. I had a major heart attack in September with serious but hopefully not totally irreversible damage done to my heart. My ejection fracture is currently at 30% which is an improvement from the 20% it was after my MI but still not very good. I have been going through the same depression and fear and feelings of aloneness. If buying yourself a new bag cheers you up then why not? I’ve bought a bag or two myself since September. This is a great community with a ton of compassionate members who are willing to listen and offer feedback, advice, or just virtual hugs. Keep coming back!
Very best wishes to you, and I hope you continue to grow stronger. More hugs to you.