Buyers with private feedback

LVLUVS

Mar 19, 2010
As I stated in my previous thread I'm selling another pair of CL shoes that cost $895 and I just got an offer from a buyer in the UK(I always seem to get International buyers) and her feedback is private. That does concern me, since I cannot see if she has ever bought high end authentic CL shoes(I worry about bait and switch) or what kind of feedback she leaves or receives. Should I worry?

I have a buy and sell account. I have been buying for years and I keep my feedback private. I do not want others to know what I am buying. I keep it private to deter scammers mainly. If someone has good feedback and it is private then I would rate the buyer based on feedback. If the buyer has little feedback I would email them through ebay and ask them to copy and paste some recent transactions

I have a buy and sell account. I have been buying for years and I keep my feedback private. I do not want others to know what I am buying. I keep it private to deter scammers mainly. If someone has good feedback and it is private then I would rate the buyer based on feedback. If the buyer has little feedback I would email them through ebay and ask them to copy and paste some recent transactions

Thank you for letting me know. This buyer has over 150 FB and it looks like it's all positive. I will look up her recent transactions. Thank you

Ive had numerous private feedback buyers and have never once had a problem. Usually I dont think the buyers are trying to keep it from you the seller, but from everyone else, especially scammers.

I block my feedback so my mother in law can't see what I buy :P

(Dear MIL, if you're reading this....I'M NOT UNBLOCKING IT!!!) LOL!!

That is hilarious!

I'm glad I read this thread. Historically, I've refused to sell to buyers with private feedback since I thought they were hiding something. I never knew that buyers blocked their feedback to deter scammers. You learn something new every day.

^^Me too...I always thought it was so suspicious. I guess because I was scammed with a gift card once before and as soon as I bought it the seller switched their feedback to private (because they had scammed a bunch of other people who started leaving negs). But I never really thought of the angle of not wanting your SO etc to see what you buy. Maybe I wont look at the private feedback so negatively from now on.