Buyers with 0 feedback

Jenita143

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
San Diego, CA
I have a listing on Ebay for one of my NWT purses that is ending in 1 day. i have 1 bid from a buyer with 0 feedback and just became an ebay member today. i have had no messages from this person and for some reason, Ebay won't let me contact them (link doesn't work?). any idea what i should do? should i cancel the bid?

DD_Dreams

DaisysDesignerDreams
Mar 14, 2009
Florida
I've made lots of sales from first-time buyers. I personally welcome new buyers/business. Hasn't been an issue for me. My only non-payer has been an established ebayer.

giagnm

O.G.
Feb 11, 2009
Bag Heaven
I have a listing on Ebay for one of my NWT purses that is ending in 1 day. i have 1 bid from a buyer with 0 feedback and just became an ebay member today. i have had no messages from this person and for some reason, Ebay won't let me contact them (link doesn't work?). any idea what i should do? should i cancel the bid?
I don't think ebays allows sellers to contact buyers during bidding. I tried to do it one time and could not.

ladyisobel

Sarah
O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
Devon UK
is it not because they're a new member that you can't contact them ?

i too have had many 0 feedback buyers in the past and had no trouble at all, we do all have to start somewhere, and an established member can give you equally as much trouble, so i would just leave their bid.

jlmrocks

O.G.
Feb 3, 2006
CT
I agree. For a long time, I never wanted to go on Ebay and I recently bought a few things at Christmas time. I had no feedback either, but quickly sent the sellers my payment and got my goods. You have to start somewhere.

Feb 2, 2009
I too used to be weary about bidders with 0 feedback... I even posted a thread about them always being non paying bidders. Then I got responses that even well established buyers pull the same tricks.

I remember when I was a newbie. I joined ebay so I can sell an old textbook, and maybe a few older things to help fund my college and car. You can imagine the fear the BUYER must have had when she won my book for $100... (yes, even buyers are weary about newbies and 0 feedback sellers.) needless to say, you gotta start somewhere. Not all 0 feedback bidders/sellers are bad. Just new. :smile:

Apr 2, 2007
My 0 FB have all been good transactions.
I usually get them to email me first.
Good Luck & keep us posted.