Buyer's Remorse

lolasmom

O.G.
Feb 11, 2007
Long Island, NY
I bought a medium Veneta hobo in a resale store today. It is in perfect condition - looks new. However, I think I overpaid. So I'm coming to you women to ask you if you think $1,000 is a fair price. They were asking $1,200 on its tag and I asked if they could do better. So they took off $200. I tried to find a similar bag on e bay but came up empty. Did I overpay. BTW the color is Nero. Thanks.

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
I bought a medium Veneta hobo in a resale store today. It is in perfect condition - looks new. However, I think I overpaid. So I'm coming to you women to ask you if you think $1,000 is a fair price. They were asking $1,200 on its tag and I asked if they could do better. So they took off $200. I tried to find a similar bag on e bay but came up empty. Did I overpay. BTW the color is Nero. Thanks.
You'll definitely find Nero Veneta hobos on the *Bay, and other sites. There are a few well used ones for around $700. And a couple of Nero mediums recently sold in the $900 range. Those in great condition tend to go quickly because Nero never goes on sale! I think $1000 is reasonable. Is it a smokin' deal? No. But those don't come around too often so I'd be happy with it.

Did you get it authenticated?

lolasmom

O.G.
Feb 11, 2007
Long Island, NY
Hi and thanks. How do I get it authenticated? I checked out the label tucked into the zippered compartment. It seemed like it was what it should be. What else do I do ?

Apr 15, 2007
You can post pictures in the authentication thread to be sure & you should do that.

This is a classic bag in a great color & in perfect condition. I think you did well
& enjoy the bag

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
Hi and thanks. How do I get it authenticated? I checked out the label tucked into the zippered compartment. It seemed like it was what it should be. What else do I do ?
If you're familiar with the little white tag and other details and feel good,then you're good to go! Are you going to post a photo? I enjoy seeing Nero Venetas!