Buyer's remorse?

Any bag that you buy should be PERFECT upon purchase. I have walked out of Gucci and turned around and went right back in because of a small little barely noticeably scratch. You did not pay for that scratch, so don't settle for it. I agree with Issmom. If you love the bag but you want it flawless, kindly let them know that you did not receive it flawless and want it to be fixed. They should understand, and if they don't- it is still their job to take care of it. You are the customer, and the customer is always right! :idea:

star3777 said:
That would drive me crazy! Walk in their and return the bag, don't think twice about what the SA's think....PLease! Your the one that's buying the bag! Who cares what they think!As far as your fear of being blacklisted, if you have money for the bags don't worry they always want you to buy a bag! I have never thought twice what or who was selling me a bag. It's all about me when I am buying a handbag...that is why I love it! My escape is there waiting for me....

Amen :P!

As for the Spring collection, looks like a Novak clutch and Novak crochet/leather is coming up:

00090m.jpg

00490m.jpg

FendiBagLady said:
Did any of you ever dream of and plan for a handbag, then buy it and an hour later regret it?

That is what happened with me today! I bought the chocolate Novak (final sale!) and now I am thinking maybe I made a huge mistake. There is a tiny scratch on top (not super noticeable but it bugs me). I am thinking maybe that is why the SA held it for me so long - maybe she thought someone else would have noticed the scratch? Maybe I am obsessing but I got it home and saw the scratch and then felt this huge surge of guilt and stupidity for not noticing it sooner. It is kind of weird that the SA held this one for me when the list is so long, no? Or am I being paranoid?

I ALWAYS have buyers remorse. As a result I never pull the tags off anything that I buy right away and rarely shop anywhere that I can't return. Call you SA...maybe there can be some kind of a exception for a return

This year, I purchased a beige leather Burberry satchel and had buyer's remorse the next day. It was old-fashion looking; the type an old lady would carry. Anyway, I could not return it to the Saks store because it was having a going-out-of-business sale. As you may know, all sales are considered FINAL...sold "AS-IS." It was printed on the receipt and there was nothing that could have done about it. Currently, it is sitting in my closet collecting dust.

FendiBagLady, I hope you have better luck tommorow than I did.

baglady said:
This year, I purchased a beige leather Burberry satchel and had buyer's remorse the next day. It was old-fashion looking; the type an old lady would carry. Anyway, I could not return it to the Saks store because it was having a going-out-of-business sale. As you may know, all sales are considered FINAL...sold "AS-IS." It was printed on the receipt and there was nothing that could have done about it. Currently, it is sitting in my closet collecting dust.

FendiBagLady, I hope you have better luck tommorow than I did.

You could always try to sell the bag, no use in keeping it, it only takes up room in your closet that could be used for new bags that you love!

I absolutely agree that if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, do not hesitate to bring it back and express to the SA of your dissatisfaction. Regardless of whether you buy a $50 makeup bag or a $5000 designer handbag, if the customer is not totally happy, the customer is entitled to negotiate a different option. If you dread doing any returning in general, I suggest bringing a friend along for moral support and perhaps to back you up if the occassion arises. Just remember-you don't want to keep the bag you are even the slightest unhappy with and have the constant reminder of it every time you look at it, think about how relieved and happy you will be if the SA can at least fix the problem, exchange it, or return it altogether if you don't even like it anymore. You are a criminal defense atty, if you can face the judge and the prosecution & jury, an SA should seem like a mere kitten :amuse: Good luck and hope this helps!

I am wondering what everyone's biggest "buyer's remorse" bag is? I know we all have one. It would be what is sitting in your closet that you just HAD to buy and then NEVER carried, or carried only once or twice. It does not have to be a designer bag, but please, can we not even mention fakes or replicas? It seems like every thread I start reading ends up in that discussion, so FAKES ASIDE, what do you most regret buying, that is growing old in the dark, at the bottom of your closet?
I will start, I bought an AV bag, for about 200 dollars a few seasons ago. It is reflective silver, and basically looks like a mirror. I just loved it. Turns out, I have NEVER carried it, and suspect I never will. It is shiny just like a mirror and is kind of like a small, more sqaured and thinner doctor's bag. Just HAD to buy that stupid thing, since it was so unique. Never once have I had on an outfit that I felt would look right with this bag. I think the style/shape is the problem, along with the shiny patent silver. It is not what I could call a "dress bag" but at the same time, I think it would look stupid with most of the dressed up jeans ensembles I wear. "sigh":shame: Guess the only good thing is that is was not a Fendi or Prada or high end designer. Still, it cast me a few hundred, which could have been spent on something else.

For me, the Gucci Horsebit Medium Hobo in black. Got into the frenzy to buy one. I waited too long and passed the 10 day deadline to return it. I've never carried it. I prefer satchels. I need to get some bags onto ebay. Just too lazy...

WCLC, that is one hard lesson to learn...I am sorry to hear it and am secretly praising myself for not buying one. I have liked those since they first came out and considered them over and over, but there is always another bag that draws my attention away! I thought the large hobo would be good for me, but when I went into the Fendi boutique, ready to buy, they only had mediums, so that actually may have saved me!;)

The Dior Gaucho was my biggest mistake, luckily I was able to sell her without too much loss. Next thing which is lying in my closet is a LV MC white lodge pm I used her about a handful of times and everytime I felt so stupid because it just screams: look at me I'm a Vuitton". So it's another bag I don't use...

I haven't had buyers remorse about a bag yet, but I do have buyers remorse about a pair of Christian LaCroix sandles I bought on sale from eLuxury. They were very cute and colorful, and I got a good deal on them. However, I only wore them twice two years ago, and they have been collecting dust ever since. Honestly, they were so colorful I couldn't figure out different ways to wear them other than wearing them with an all-black outfit. Now I am in the process of cleaning out my closet, because I have lost so much weight that most of my clothes are too big. I will probably end up giving those sandals to Goodwill along with a bunch of clothes.

Hands down, the Kooba Woven leather ADA tote (see pic below.)
I bought it - sight unseen - on Active Endeavours in the summer and have regretted it ever since. Don't get me wrong - it's a beautiful, show-stopping purse, a real eye catcher - but it weighs about 30 pounds empty and the hard leather straps don't sit well on the shoulder. It's definitely not an everyday purse. I've only used it twice! :shame:

I always vow to never buy another purse online again after that incident, but I seem to manage to do it quite a bit! Living in Canada doesn't give you the luxury of visiting a lot of shops that carry these lines to try them on first, so sometimes you gotta go out on a limb. Unfortunately, this was one of those times... :s

JJ

Attachments

• kooba ada close up.jpg
    kooba ada close up.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 268