Buyers remorse/returns

MWTexan

Mar 1, 2015
So kinda new to LV and the forum, just a few years, but kinda had some thoughts after being on the forum for a bit.

I see a lot of questions AFTER bags are purchased about should I keep this? It's not perfect??? I'm not sure I love it as much as I thought I would, ect......

But then I see a bunch of complaints about not wanting to spend that much money and be mailed or sold a bag in the store that has already been returned.

I kinda feel bad for LV, yes items are expensive, but are handmade. Yes I'm sure they wish every piece would come out perfect, however impossible.

I don't live near a store so I rely mostly on reviews/videos upon making bag purchases. To date I have never been disappointed in the items that were mailed to me, perhaps once I didn't like the stitching on a wallet I received however I'm practical and realized no one would be looking that close to the stitching nor myself once loaded and in use. And even once thought the bag I received may have been a return since the blue protective paper was missing from the plates, but the bag was perfect so I of course kept it and LOVE it!

I kinda wish returns were harder to be made, I'm not sure buyers remorse counts as a good enough reason. (Ouch I'm sure I just made some folks mad, oops!) And sometimes I feel the ''it's not perfect issues'' are just kinda silly, although on occasion I have agreed that some pieces were poorly made and should be exchanged.

Just curious, thoughts on this subject?

Couldn't agree more.... Well said OP:smile: I also have noticed too that people are so worried about getting a "returned" item, but have no problems returning their items, even after use:sad:

I don't think the return policy should be harder. It's strict enough as it is. I do however believe that some people have really unrealistic expectations. Wanting to return an item because the stitching is off 1/8 of an inch or because the leather gets a little wrinkling after wearing it Is a bit ridiculous.

I live in a country without a LV store and every time I buy LV it's in a different country and a different city (and a different SA so no special treatments). They don't even ship to my country so I buy a bag when travelling. I do a research at home and when in store I have to buy what they have. No reservations, waiting lists, exchanges, returns ...

I inspect the bag before buying and then I live with it. I have no other choice and I think that's best.

I don't think the return policy should be harder. It's strict enough as it is. I do however believe that some people have really unrealistic expectations. Wanting to return an item because the stitching is off 1/8 of an inch or because the leather gets a little wrinkling after wearing it Is a bit ridiculous.
+1 It's just not that serious. Now post-purchase quality issues are a whole other matter. The Ikat bags have been a nightmare and that's TOTALLY LV's fault.

The return policy is already strict and its especially strict if you order online. Sometimes I do get confused if I see someone who has had a bag for a week all of the sudden notice a stitch is crooked and want to return it for something else, but if that's what they want to do its their money. Most times I see people with legit complaints who should return it. I mean there needs to be a certain expectation of quality when spending so much on a purse, that's personally why I spend so much in the first place. Yes there people out there who buy and then return due to a little imperfection that only a person with a magnify glass who may pay a little too much attention to detail would be able to locate but that goes for any brand out there, not just LV. I think with those type of returns the issue more often than not is buyers remorse.

I agree OP!!!
So many people complain about buying a bag that has been returned, yet they don't hesitate to returns numerous bags themselves!

Anyone who has worked in retail knows what a pain in the butt some customers can be!!!

I agree OP!!!
So many people complain about buying a bag that has been returned, yet they don't hesitate to returns numerous bags themselves!

Anyone who has worked in retail knows what a pain in the butt some customers can be!!!

When you worked in luxury retail how much percent would say would be buyers remorse rather than legit complaint? Im just curious because I have never had to return a single item to LV and can only really complain about one item and that was just due to an odor.

But seriously, I have seen people do reviews with their cats/dogs climbing all over bags to then say they wanted to return/exchange it. Once on here I seem to remember reading where I believe someone DID return a bag after carrying it a few days and not liking it.

I personally would not want to 'spend so much' on those bags That have been exchanged.

I sometimes at least wish LV had some sort of tag on their bags that make it non returnable if it has been carried. It just seems as with everything there are a handful that abuse the system.

Of course I agree that true quality issues should be dealt with quickly and without a fuss.

But seriously, I have seen people do reviews with their cats/dogs climbing all over bags to then say they wanted to return/exchange it. Once on here I seem to remember reading where I believe someone DID return a bag after carrying it a few days and not liking it.

I personally would not want to 'spend so much' on those bags That have been exchanged.

I sometimes at least wish LV had some sort of tag on their bags that make it non returnable if it has been carried. It just seems as with everything there are a handful that abuse the system.

Of course I agree that true quality issues should be dealt with quickly and without a fuss.

Well of course I would ideally want a new bag I mean no one wants to buy a bag someone's dog drooled on for example but that's retail, you really don't know. Its like when you go out and eat you hope that piece of fish you ordered didn't fall on the floor and make its way back to your plate but ya just don't know about that either. Also putting a tag on it wouldn't prevent a cat from walking all over it or a dog from drooling on it or even the owner of the bag itself drooling on it or who knows if it will even prevent someone from using it. I just think some people need to think more before making such a big purchase.

When you worked in luxury retail how much percent would say would be buyers remorse rather than legit complaint? Im just curious because I have never had to return a single item to LV and can only really complain about one item and that was just due to an odor.

I would say 50% across brands.
Also many people change their mind after the purchase. It's easy to get carried away in a luxury store. Everything is designed and orchestrated to get people to spend more. The VIP experience and similar cocktail party invitations are all about tricking customers into spending more!

I totally agree. I had a "friend" that used to buy bags, carry them for a weekend, and return. I am so surprised that she got away with how many returns she would do. I mean 10 in a year! (I AM SURE she is still pulling this, but I am no longer friends with her)

I would say 50% across brands.
Also many people change their mind after the purchase. It's easy to get carried away in a luxury store. Everything is designed and orchestrated to get people to spend more. The VIP experience and similar cocktail party invitations are all about tricking customers into spending more!

That's interesting, thanks. I was actually thinking about how these stores want people to spend and lure them to spend a lot. I'm sure while some do make the annoying return there are plenty who are too embarrassed to return an item they realized they don't really like or couldn't afford so they either sell it on eBay or it gets buried under a pile of clothes in their closet, never to see the light a day again.

It's not your money, not your problem and not your concern who makes a return/exchange/repair for whatever reason they choose to. If LV had issues with their policies they would modify it accordingly.