buyer's mistake..what should i do?

I agree with the others! It was her fault, not yours! Please, your auction stated everything, so what the heck is she complaining about! Send her the bag, too bad, she paid for it already.

I agree with Swanky (hey just giving my opinion). I know she made a mistake and possibly quite deliberate, but in the end it is a business - and that includes sometimes stuff like this. I know a lot of you are thinking about ebay how it probably once was - .....

I agree with what you did. Anyway, you can dispute the neg and go through all the wishy washy if the neg hurts you. But in ebay sales are usually final! So it's her problem if she didn't bother to ask questions before she bid. Also as you've said, she's an experienced ebayer, I'm sure she knows the ropes and just got buyer's remorse last minute. Good luck!

i WOULD LET HER OFF. WHO KNOWS WHAT J*RKS YOU ARE DEALING WITH, THEY MAY GET THE BAG THEN TRASH IT AND THEN FILE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL SAYING THE BAG IS NOT IN CONDITION DESCRIBED. IF THEY HAVE MANY FEEDBACKS I'M SURE THEY HAD SOME DISPUTES IN A PAST AND KNOW HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM.
GOOD LUCK.

I agree ^^ It sucks that she is trying to back out last minute, but if she paid through paypal, she can file a SNAD on you and she'll probably end up winning it. I know how irritating it is for you, but it will help you in the long run, if the amount of the item is more than $250, you must get a signature for the delivery of the item to be protected under paypal seller protection. That being said, she can refuse the package, and file an item not received, and you would be out of ebay fees plus shipping. Ebay + Paypal is a big pain in the butt for sellers, good for buyers though.

Also, there is no way to dispute a negative feedback because of the circumstances in a transaction, feedback is an opinion, and all opinions are valid on the feedback page. Unless, they have invalid contact info or been a ebay user for less than 30 days and become NARUed, sorry the neg stays. A neg will always hurt the seller more than a buyer.

There is a common misconception of "final sales" or "as is sales" on ebay. It's true if you only take a payment forms of money order or check, but when taking paypal: NO SALES ARE EVER FINAL. Sorry I know that's not what many want to believe, but it's true...

It is so annoying to have a buyer spoil a sale like that. If she paid by bank transfer then she cannot recover the money unless you return it so the worst thing she can do to you is bbad feedback. You have to work out if it's worth it for you to keep the money but have your reputation ruined, I have to say I always will try to protect my 100% feedback even if it means taking a knock back on sales as you will get your money this tiem but maybe lose out in the future when your feedback goes down. Everything sells eventually & if you cannot come to an agreement with the buyer I would just refund her & block her from bidding again. One word of warning make her give you good feedback before you do as she could still leave bad after. Also make sure she completes mutual agreement form so you get your fees back & I would deduct something for your trouble

Yes tracking is so important just saw another post where sender didnt keep tracking receipt this is VITAL in all cases both for paypal & for claim if item is lost

I would also put a security tag on the item in case they try to return it to make sure you get back what you sent out.
The thing that gets to me is that the buyer hit BIN with immediate payment required. Even if they changed their mind half way through the transaction, they would have to go into their paypal account sign in, put the amount owed and pay for the item before the auction would be ended! This is clearly a case that they changed their mind.
Stick to your guns.

I would also put a security tag on the item in case they try to return it to make sure you get back what you sent out.
The thing that gets to me is that the buyer hit BIN with immediate payment required. Even if they changed their mind half way through the transaction, they would have to go into their paypal account sign in, put the amount owed and pay for the item before the auction would be ended! This is clearly a case that they changed their mind.
Stick to your guns.
Great idea about the security tag but how would that work?

I would try the second chance offer and if noone takes it then don't give her a refund, she probably saw another bag she liked or a cheaper one. So make her pay any extra fees that you had to pay because of her. Just send it to her with a tracking number, if she paid via paypal you should print out a shipping label from paypal so that they can also keep track of it as proof. Hope you didn't write in your listing "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back"

Somebody suggested those wristband type things that you have to put on when you go to amusement parks etc. Apparently you can buy them in party shops. You put it on the handle (it sticks to itself so won't ruin the bag), and for them to take it off, they'd have to cut the wristband, therefore couldn't put it on another bag. I'd even write on one (any word - in your own handwriting) so that they can't search out a similar band. Seems like a great idea to me!