Buyer with "0" feedback just bid on my auction even tho I have stipulations

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
She has "0" because she has 2 negatives already. Not only do I ask that buyers with less than "5" email me first...

I know for certain I checked that box with the conditions that say a buyer with more than 2 negatives cannot bid. It didn't work. She still got her bid in.

Would you cancel it or block her and is it to late to block her from my auction if she already bid?

I did it. I cancelled and blocked. My item is not selling for as much, she really bid it up, but it's worth it.

I've never done that before. Even though I state that bidders with less than 5 must contact me first, I have never cancelled a bid. That's because I give them the benefit of the doubt. However, I read this bidders FB and it wasn't nice ... but more so... her retaliatory FB showed what kind of person she is.

Should I email her and explain?

I wish the explanation box on the cancel page gave me more than 80 characters to state my reasons for canceling.

I don't believe you owe her a explaination.
If you already stated that bidders with 5 or less have to contact you first.
She should have contacted you first.
And if she has 2 neg. I would not waste my time.
Also she didn't contact you to explain thoose 2 Neg. that is even worse!
Not saying there is no exceptions but I bet that they will be far and few between!
But I do agree the 80 character limit is a little to small at times.

Matt

:dothewave::tpfrox::dothewave:

Personally, I don't think you owe her an explanation. Doing so might only set her off and you'd possibly open yourself up to her harrassing you.

As a seller, it is your right in my opinion to determine who you will and won't trust. So trust your instinct, it will never lead you in the wrong direction.

You definitely did the right thing! I have a disclosure on all of my listings for 0 feedback buyers to contact me first, but they rarely ever do. The last one I had asked if "I could forgive her sale" because she accidentally hit the BIN. How the heck do you accidentally hit the BIN? You have to go through at least 2 screens after you hit it, and she should have noticed she was buying the item! Luckily she did respond right away to my offer to mutually agree not to complete the sale and then my bag sold to someone else. Very annoying though!

You can go into ebay and make stipulations like that and they wont be able to bid at all. I have my ebay account set up to automatically block those who have 2 negatives within the past 30 days and those with 2+ non paying bidders. They get errors when they try to bid.

You can go into ebay and make stipulations like that and they wont be able to bid at all. I have my ebay account set up to automatically block those who have 2 negatives within the past 30 days and those with 2+ non paying bidders. They get errors when they try to bid.
I did! I'm very careful about those things and always check those little boxes.

Her bid got through anyway. Although I cancelled it now.

ETA - I would click a lot more of those buyer restriction boxes if they had them. They don't have enough restrictions for us to click on. LOL