Buyer wants to complete transaction outside of eBay?

Jan 19, 2008
I've learned from all the helpful people here never to complete a transaction outside of eBay as a buyer.

But what if the buyer wants to complete outside of eBay, but through Paypal? Is this dangerous for the seller?

There really isn't any danger to the seller except getting reported to eBay and having action taken on their account. But I would question why a buyer would want to go outside of eBay since it is of no benefit to them and actually has some risk.

I have completed aiction out of ebay and it worked fine for me (as a seller) I wouldn't do it as a buyer. I am suprised that a buyer wants to do that, but there isn't really a danger for you. Plus you save on fees.

Hey kett, thanks for replying! I just wondered like in the case of wanting to end the auction early, that type of thing...

FYI - It is actually ok to end an item early to sell it to someone that didn't get in touch with you through eBay. It only becomes a problem if you end early to sell to someone that did reach you through eBay (because you are essentially using eBay advertising to find a person and then not paying for that service).

You are covered by Paypal seller protection if you ship to the address listed on the buyers Paypal account within 7 days from the date of payment when they make a purchase on eBay.

I am trying to search Paypal right now for their policy if something is sold off of eBay. But, I remember reading about it somewhere on here. I will keep searching to see what I can find.