Buyer wants refund for a crappy reason

BeautyBootyBabe said:
UPDATE:

In case anyone is interested, I emailed the buyer and told her that I didn't think changing her mind warranted a refund. She just emailed me back and said that she completely understood and that she will relist the bag on her own. Crisis averted!

Thanks you so much for your input, ladies!

Great to hear!

BeautyBootyBabe said:
UPDATE:

In case anyone is interested, I emailed the buyer and told her that I didn't think changing her mind warranted a refund. She just emailed me back and said that she completely understood and that she will relist the bag on her own. Crisis averted!

Yeah happy ending:smile: im glad it work out

UPDATE:

Congrats to a happy and proper ending! Changing your mind really should NOT be a reason to get a refund; so happy it ended in your favor.

Thanks for posting the follow up! That was good news and it's nice to see your buyer being responsible.

I thought so, too. I felt a little bad about being upset that she wanted a refund - I mean the bag wasn't expensive, it was just the principal of the matter, ya know? Anyway, she was really nice and understanding about it, so that's good. Definitely learned my lesson!

BeautyBootyBabe said:
I thought so, too. I felt a little bad about being upset that she wanted a refund - I mean the bag wasn't expensive, it was just the principal of the matter, ya know? Anyway, she was really nice and understanding about it, so that's good. Definitely learned my lesson!

I think things are a little uncertain since the new returns ruling kicked in. I personally have not taken the plunge on it yet, because I don't want to have things going back and forth on a whim ( all my postage is international). My husband has added returns to his listings, and so far there has only been one problem, which is good. I'll definitely be checking my global settings when I get home!

Congrats to a happy and proper ending! Changing your mind really should NOT be a reason to get a refund; so happy it ended in your favor.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but why not? If the listing said that refunds would be accepted and there were no other qualifications listed there, why shouldn't "changed my mind" be an option?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but why not? If the listing said that refunds would be accepted and there were no other qualifications listed there, why shouldn't "changed my mind" be an option?

Yes, of course, when a seller accepts returns.

The OP unfortunately made a mistake in offering returns when she hadn't planned on doing so.

It's great that it all worked out.

Yes, of course, when a seller accepts returns.

The OP unfortunately made a mistake in offering returns when she hadn't planned on doing so.

It's great that it all worked out.

I guess I don't see the difference between OP making a mistake about offering a refund on her listing when she didn't intend to do so vs. a buyer making a bid on an item that they later changed their mind about. Both are legally binding contracts -- the seller operates by the terms of the listing, and the buyer operates by the terms of placing the bid.

In any event, I agree that it's a non-issue here, and I'm happy to hear that everything worked out in this case.