Buyer wants me to sell off ebay so that I can lower the price...

I've also bought off of eBay and saved some $$$$. Do your research as everyone has stated.
It's not so much for me as a seller, I don't have as much to lose. Do I?

I was just surprised a buyer would contact me to buy off ebay. Couldn't that be a huge risk for her? It won't be a risk, because it's me as a trustworthy seller, but it could be if it were another seller...

^Nah, not if she knows that all of "Ebay's" protections actually come from PP, which of course Ebay won't tell you. I've asked for off-Ebay transactions many times, mostly because either my sniper f'ed up or I forgot to bid, the listing ended, and I still wanted the item.

Paypal offers the same buyer and seller protection as ebay so there is no increased risk to either party. Completing an ebay transaction off ebay is against ebay rules and could possibly result in getting NARU'd but, for practical purposes, I don't think it happens very often.

It is unethical but seems to be something most people can live with and and seldom get caught on. Kind of like underdeclaring on a customs form. Except that ebay actually offers value for the money it collects. :P

You could always list on Bonanza since the seller fees are much lower if that makes you feel more comfortable?

Or you could create a for sale listing on your local Craigslist. As a connect the dots paper trail. In your CL listing mention that you're willing to ship the item via "x" terms if paid via PayPal. That way you have an actual listing/posting number to refer to when you send the PayPal invoice. And you can even save a screen shot of your posting for later reference if needed. Or even copy & paste the CL posting details onto your PayPal invoice notes? I've done this before when purchasing event tickets & it's worked nicely.

Just so your transaction doesn't seem like it appeared "magically out of thin air" sort of deal. And basically to CYA as well.