Buyer wants me to sell my tods shoes for $15??

CSamoylov

O.G.
Oct 15, 2010
Okay, so this is a weird situation to me and I'm hoping to get your thoughts on this matter. I put my Tod's shoes for sale on eBay which were well worn but, not worn out. The retail price of them is $425 and I put the listing up for $99 OBO. I received an offer for $15 which I thought was pretty ridiculous considering the listing offers free shipping. After, sending a polite email back stating I could not sell them for that much as it would barely cover my shipping I countered them and offered to sell the shoes for $45 including the shipping. I thought that was more than fair and today I received this email,
"f the shoes don't sell you may contact me for some agree- able price, but $45 is beyond what I pay for 90% of the tods shoes I buy to wear. I am a blind disabled veteran. My tods are bought usually with 75% of life left to them. feel free to email"

I find this email so strange. So, this person is blind but, they can see the wear on the shoes? So confused. I try to be very polite in my dealings with people but, I don't even want to respond to this person at this point as they countered me $16.99.

Am I wrong to just walk away & ignore this person? Is $16 even reasonable with shipping included? Thanks for your input ladies.

I wouldn't respond. I think the purpose of the email/additional info might be to guilt trip you into selling at the low price, sorry to say. You've stated the price you're winning to sell at, you can walk away having done your bit.

I find this email so strange. So, this person is blind but, they can see the wear on the shoes? So confused. I try to be very polite in my dealings with people but, I don't even want to respond to this person at this point as they countered me $16.99.

Am I wrong to just walk away & ignore this person? Is $16 even reasonable with shipping included? Thanks for your input ladies.

Many people who are blind have some vision, maybe only foggy bits, slivers perhaps that allow them to see portions of a computer screen in certain circumstances. There are some people like that on this forum in fact. It all depends upon their disease or injury and how advanced or extensive it is.

But it sounds like this person is trying to guilt-trip you into sending them the shoes, and that's not cool. I agree with the others. Ignore the messages and block this person.

I've made offers on items on ebay, and if it's less than a few dollars under the BIN price I usually never hear anything from the seller. That's o.k. That's ebay. It's o.k. to ignore potential buyers you don't want to deal with or respond to. :smile: