Buyer wants me to go off of eBay & Straight to PayPal

Tulip2

Howdy Y'all
Oct 22, 2012
She offered this up in her first communication with me. I sell high end Louis Vuitton and only ship to the US for the most part. I was surprised at her boldness to screw eBay in our very first communication! The buyer is in Hong Kong. I don't want to ship to Hong Kong, nor do I want to go outside of eBay for the transaction.
But she just keeps bothering me sending me emails that she'll pay the shipping and saying that she was trying to save me money by going directly through PayPal. I've blocked her already.
She just won't leave me alone. I don't feel comfortable reporting her. I probably should, but I just really don't want to. I know one thing for sure, I'm not transacting directly through PayPal & I'm not shipping to this chic in Hong Kong.
What would you do?

What would you do?
You can change your settings so that blocked bidders can't contact you. From the eBay FAQ:

"By default, blocked members are still able to contact you about your listings. You can change this setting in My eBay > Account > SitePreferences > Buyer Requirements. You can also get to Site Preferences from Seller Hub > Overview > Shortcuts."

I'd do that so she can't keep sending you messages.

You can change your settings so that blocked bidders can't contact you. From the eBay FAQ:

"By default, blocked members are still able to contact you about your listings. You can change this setting in My eBay > Account > SitePreferences > Buyer Requirements. You can also get to Site Preferences from Seller Hub > Overview > Shortcuts."

Thank you @uadjit! I'll get that done right away. I'm so tired of getting her emails...

She offered this up in her first communication with me. I sell high end Louis Vuitton and only ship to the US for the most part. I was surprised at her boldness to screw eBay in our very first communication! The buyer is in Hong Kong. I don't want to ship to Hong Kong, nor do I want to go outside of eBay for the transaction.
But she just keeps bothering me sending me emails that she'll pay the shipping and saying that she was trying to save me money by going directly through PayPal. I've blocked her already.
She just won't leave me alone. I don't feel comfortable reporting her. I probably should, but I just really don't want to. I know one thing for sure, I'm not transacting directly through PayPal & I'm not shipping to this chic in Hong Kong.
What would you do?
Instead of reporting her first, I would let her know that she violates EBay rules and if she doesn't stop you will be forced to report her

Reactions: Kidclarke
You can't block contact from someone who already contacted you prior to being BBL'ed. She'll still be able to contact you.

My suggestion is to IGNORE!! If you must, read the emails but don't reply.

Last edited:

Thank you @uadjit! I'll get that done right away. I'm so tired of getting her emails...

If the e-mails continue, just report her... You may not feel comfortable doing so but she
sounds determined & may not give up contacting you..

Last edited:
You can't block contact from someone who already contacted you prior to being BBL'ed. She'll still be able to contact you.

My suggestion is to IGNORE!! If you must, read the emails but don't reply.
Yea, I couldn't figure out how to block her messages from the above instructions. I think I'll take your advice & just ignore her messages and not reply. Thanks @BeenBurned!

If the e-mails continue, just report her... You may not feel comfortable doing so but she
sounds determined & may not give up contacting you..
Yes, she's really determined but I don't want to send one of my LV's to Hong Kong. I've mailed internationally before, but I find it to be a bit hard & cumbersome on the Internet, and I really don't want to make a special trip to the Post Office to get it done either. Hopefully she'll just go away! :happydance:

Just be careful of a New Member who suddenly just joined & wants to buy the same item & is in the same location. I have read on here that some evil bay members do this to get around the buyers block. :yes: Are your settings on US Buyers only? If not, make sure they are. BTW: Wonderful to see you Tulip2 :heart:

Just be careful of a New Member who suddenly just joined & wants to buy the same item & is in the same location. I have read on here that some evil bay members do this to get around the buyers block. :yes: Are your settings on US Buyers only? If not, make sure they are. BTW: Wonderful to see you Tulip2 :heart:
Hello! Thanks for the advice. I think I have my settings on US buyers only now. I hope so. Good to hear from you too! :smile:

Wow I just had something similar to this happen to me. I have an item on eBay for sale and got an offer and like you Tulip2 she was very bold and somewhat demanding in the email message she sent to me. So I came here to see if anything like this has been posted and to decide if this was worth entertaining as a possible sale. She states she is from Malaysia and prefers shipping to be USPS. My red flag went up when she just joined Ebay and had 0 feedback. Very odd.

Wow I just had something similar to this happen to me. I have an item on eBay for sale and got an offer and like you Tulip2 she was very bold and somewhat demanding in the email message she sent to me. So I came here to see if anything like this has been posted and to decide if this was worth entertaining as a possible sale. She states she is from Malaysia and prefers shipping to be USPS. My red flag went up when she just joined Ebay and had 0 feedback. Very odd.

This is a scammer. Got the same message from the same person/team and their method of scamming is that they email you and tell you that they will send payment and you need to ship immediately. However payment won't clear in paypal until item shows shipped. Thankfully I've sold/bought on Paypal for years and know how it works but I bet there are hopeful new sellers who unfortunately fall for scams like this :sad:

Reactions: BeenBurned