Buyer wants me to give her my name and where I purchased my LV

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
I am almost 100 % positive LV would not give out personal info.
This buyer keeps emailing me to explain where I purchased, my name, date..etc. I understand her worries. But I didnt think LV would confirm any personal info about me.

I advised her to buy directly from the store , as I cant guarantee LV helping her. Does anyone know if LV would do this?
The item is about 200.00. I just cant see them caring to release the info over a bag charm.
Thanks!

It's inappropriate information to ask of you. Who knows how people are going to use your personal contact information when checking in with a retailer...if this would turn out to be an unhappy nutcase, for example, she could call LV and say you're buying to resell on eBay, or similar ways to get you in trouble.

I think stalking your purchasing behavior is outside the bounds of what is reasonable to ask of a seller.

It's inappropriate information to ask of you. Who knows how people are going to use your personal contact information when checking in with a retailer...if this would turn out to be an unhappy nutcase, for example, she could call LV and say you're buying to resell on eBay, or similar ways to get you in trouble.

I think stalking your purchasing behavior is outside the bounds of what is reasonable to ask of a seller.

This. Definitely not a buyer I'd want to deal with.

I think I am going to block her, she already has been sending me demanding emails about the charm. It is not worth it.
She already knows about TPF, so it isnt worth the hassle for a bag charm , haha.

Maybe this person works for LV and has access to check records. That is the first thing that occurs to me... Regardless, you should have to give out your info although, if they buy the item, they'd get that info anyway.

You did the right thing - block her. If you really want to push her buttons you can tell her she is not welcome to bid or buy your items under this ID or any other ID.

That request seems unreasonable to me. Why would she even want this info? I would block her and not give it another thought. But if you are feeling generous, you can tell her if she is wary of anything LV, to post it here and have it authenticated.

Yeah, I told her to keep buying from the boutique as she said she has bought fakes from ebay before. I also blocked her. I don't want to push anyones buttons, just drama free sales.

I'm glad you didn't give her that info. Maybe she's just demanding and annoying, but it could be worse. Like jellyv said, she could try to cause problems for you. Also, if she has the bulk of your personal information, it's plausible she could call in and pretend to be you. If you have credit card information on file, this could be an awful thing.

Good luck selling your charm. I hope a sane buyer comes along soon. I feel so bad for sellers sometimes and the crap you guys have to deal with.