Buyer wants a refund... I don't know what to do!

I agree that it's the buyer's problem if they don't know their size in a particular brand. I've bought tons of shoes off ebay that don't fit (Chanel, Dior etc) but I figure it's my problem and not the seller's (obviously)

I think it was very gracious of you to accept a return (minus your expenses) Personally I'm not a fan of sellers who charge restocking fees, it just makes them look like they're trying to make a quick buck rather than offering their customers their best service (sure, it might cost you time to relist the item, and time equals money, but by offering great service you might get repeat buyers which again will make you more money. In building a business, that would be the most profitable way of thinking. Now you're obviosuly not looking to build a business, but still ;) )

Hello, I am new to this website and just started selling on ebay as well. I have already encoutered a few interesting people. I was wondering, someone above mentioned they don't accept returns and the buyer sent back the item anyway! :0 what did you do??????????? Also, I was wondering how you all determine or find how much to charge for international shipping and handling...I can't seem to figure it out and was wondering if anyone had any tips for shipping internationally???????????? I am disabled/terminally ill and can'y physically go to the post office, so I was wondering what would be the least expensive way to do it from my home?????? Thank you so much and happy new year to you all, Becky

I accept returns with no questions asked : the buyer pays for the return postage (obviously) and I subtract Ebay fees when returning the money. Some people will call anything a fake (probably due to buyer's remorse) while I sell no fakes. My policy helps me cope with those kooks & sleep at nights without worrying

Sucky Update: :yucky:

After I replied to this thread that I will accept her return, I emailed my buyer straight away to tell her after much consideration, I am ok with her return/refund. I had asked her to reply to my email first as acknowledgement that she wants to return and that I agreed (minus all applicable fees)... for formalities sake.

Since then, I have not heard from her. I don't know if it's the Holidays lag but I am not certainly going to chase her down to give her her refund. LoL So now, I'm just doing the waiting game. I don't know if I have to email her again (I got an auto-reply that she's out of the office but that was only until 12/27...) or if I should just leave it alone.

Sheesh. eBay, I loathe you!

^^ that's happened to me a couple of times. Buyers say that they want to return it etc. and when I give them the go ahead, they don't respond...some people try to get a partial refund by saying it doesn't fit or it's not as described...I dunno...I still love ebay though...

No refunds means no refunds. As has been stated before, none of us are a bricks and mortar store. You spelled out your requirements very well. It's totally unfair of this buyer to put you to such inconvenience by complaining about the fit of your shoes. I can't tell you the number of shoes I've gotten on eBay that didn't fit. I just sucked it up and either resold them or gave them to Goodwill.

All my auctions are no refunds/all sales final and as such, I would never expect a seller with a no return policy to refund my money. As a small volume seller I expect my buyers to read and accept my terms. That's the way eBay works. Your buyer should stick to retail if she can't play by the rules.

I agree with you Prada Psyco. But paypal is a whole different story. If the buyer paid with a credit card, they can do a chargeback anyway. It really stinks for sellers.

le_junkie you are certainly building up good karma. I would give her a few more days the email her again. She may have changed her mind and decided to keep the boots. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mine is over! The buyer returned my gray Balenciaga shoulder (she didn't believe it was authentic -- even though LP at atelier naff confirmed it was real). I resold it the day after it was returned, so it all worked out.

as long as it's stated that "all sales are final" and the item she received was as listed, you will not have to pay it back and aren't obligated to take the boots back.
That policy doesn't stand if the seller accepted Paypal. The buyer can always do a chargeback and the seller could be out the boots and $$.