Buyer wanted out, then tried to bargain, finally paid, should I send the bag?

joeyjimmy

O.G.
May 27, 2006
I'm really not sure what to do with this buyer. After my auction ended, I sent an invoice. Later that evening, the buyer sends me a email telling me that they changed their mind and decided not to get my bag. I then tell her that it would be ok IF she agreed to mutually withdraw from the transaction- I explain that I need to get back my FVFs.

Next I get an email from her that she has bills to pay and wants a $65 discount. I respond that I will not give her a discount.

The buyer then tells me to calm down. HUH? I was never angry, but I do want to get back my FVFs.

I fully expected this transaction to end and just do a mutual withdrawal.

To my great surprise, this morning I see on my paypal account that she has paid me.

I just don't have a really good feeling about this and am worried that this transaction could go bad. She has 0 feedback and is a new member to ebay.

Should I refund her and cancel the transaction, or should I ship the bag out and take my chances?

I get expanded protection from paypal, so a confirmed address isn't really an issue. I'm more concerned that she will claim she didn't get anything in her package or that it was damaged and offer me a lesser amount or some other problem

I was told that with unconfirmed addresses all you need to do is send the buyer a message saying, "I'll ship your item just as soon as I can confirm your address." and ask them for their address. They send it back, if it matches you can ship.
I've only dealt with one 0 fb buyer, though...

I get expanded protection from paypal, so a confirmed address isn't really an issue. I'm more concerned that she will claim she didn't get anything in her package or that it was damaged and offer me a lesser amount or some other problem

Well, I can't advise on anything after the fact. Buyers will do what they can.

Just follow the SPP for D/C or Sig Confirmation if it's over $250.

I was told that with unconfirmed addresses all you need to do is send the buyer a message saying, "I'll ship your item just as soon as I can confirm your address." and ask them for their address. They send it back, if it matches you can ship.
I've only dealt with one 0 fb buyer, though...

That's completely incorrect.

A "Confirmed Address" is one where the address on the PayPal file matches that on the member's credit card billing address. It's an internal system between PayPal and the issuing credit card company called AVS (Address Verification System).

It has nothing to do with a buyer saying "Yes, That's my address".

I'm really not sure what to do with this buyer. After my auction ended, I sent an invoice. Later that evening, the buyer sends me a email telling me that they changed their mind and decided not to get my bag. I then tell her that it would be ok IF she agreed to mutually withdraw from the transaction- I explain that I need to get back my FVFs.

Next I get an email from her that she has bills to pay and wants a $65 discount. I respond that I will not give her a discount.

The buyer then tells me to calm down. HUH? I was never angry, but I do want to get back my FVFs.

I fully expected this transaction to end and just do a mutual withdrawal.

To my great surprise, this morning I see on my paypal account that she has paid me.

I just don't have a really good feeling about this and am worried that this transaction could go bad. She has 0 feedback and is a new member to ebay.

Should I refund her and cancel the transaction, or should I ship the bag out and take my chances?

i think what you have here is just ebay inexperience, if this is her first transaction she's not going to know the "rules"

Personally, I am not sure if I would send. However, since they paid you can't force them to do a mutual withdrawal and if they don't agree you wouldn't get the FVF back if you backed out and they could give you negative feedback.

Actually, I believe if you are a power seller, you do not need a paypal confirmed address IF the shipping says it is ok to ship, but they do recommend contacting the buyer to ask them if the address given is correct. (maybe that's what Leo meant).

I actually check anywho and see if the last name, town, & street name come up to the buyer.

IMO, confirmed or not confirmed, required or not required...cover your butt. Take all the safety measures--better safe than sorry. Or withdraw the transaction.