buyer want to ship to another address but with TT payment

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hong Kong
I sold my bag to a manila buyer which she has zero feedback but she is happy to pay by bank wire transfer and she request the bag to be sent to another address at manila..

does it sounds safe to you??

Lee

Authenticator
O.G.
Jun 8, 2006
Can she pay via WU (Western Union), less hassle and faster (you're able to collect cash within minutes she sent it). Anyway, make sure the money she sent is clear before sending off the bag. I will not sent the bag to another address no matter what,only the address she registered with ebay, she can re-sent it after she receives the bag.

Also,have you read this thread? I know your buyer's not using Paypal but just in case you haven't read it. http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-for...e-dont-ship-alternate-addresses-332480-8.html

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hong Kong
she sent the bank wire transfer already.. i saw those paypal post, thanks so much for sending me the link btu since for me i am not accept paypal from her.. will that make the situation better ??

Lee

Authenticator
O.G.
Jun 8, 2006
Oh,OK. I guess,once the money is cleared it should be OK. (I cannot think of any wire transfer scam except for delays etc.... confirm with your bank that it's all cleared before posting the bag.) Good luck.

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
USA
If you gave her your bank info, you may be in real trouble. Please check it out thoroughly before sending. Also check with your bank how long it takes to REALLY clear into your account. After all that has happened REad all the other threads here about Philippines scams) I would be very careful!!!! I would not send out the bag for a few days until you are super sure all is OK. Do NOT send to another address pother than her confirmed address. I would call ebay about this one. You are not going to be covered AT ALL if anything happens and she will have given you false $$ (they can stop bank wire transfer or use stolen account) as well as they'll have your bag. Red flags everywhere here!!!!!

Regina07

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Los Angeles California
Bank wires are one of the safest ways to send money. And the buyer takes the risk. There's no chargeback possibility.

Confirm with your bank on tuesday that the funds have cleared and are in your account. Since you're not covered by seller protection, I don't see why it's a problem where you send the bag. I'd make sure it was insured tho' in case it goes missing.

SpecialK

O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
I honestly wouldnt, zero feedback, address in manila. It has all the same signs as the philippines scam only they may have found a loophole with the wire transfer.

May I ask, is her address in ebay a US address? Could you pm me her id?

eBayguy

Steve
Jun 23, 2008
Tennessee
I would slow things down, discuss your concerns with your bank AND eBay. If buyer is legitimate they should be pleased that you are taking extra precautions to make sure they get their purchase. Phrase your e-mail that way, THROUGH the eBay system.

If they push back hard I would talk with your bank about changing you account info and back up and talk to eBay again, maybe even PayPal would like to know about this customer.

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
Dovunque voglia andare
From what I am reading here, your buyer has already sent you the wire transfer, correct?

Regardless, do not send out the bag until a.) you're 100% certain that the funds are legitimate and clear, and b.) you're comfortable shipping to this country or somewhere else. I guess you always have the option of refunding her the original transaction amount to begin with, but like everybody says, I would be weary of accepting this transfer—if possible. I only wish she didn't have your bank info BEFORE you posted this thread, because after reading all of our suggestions, you most likely would have denied her wire transfer.

And one thing I have also heard scams with, are Western Union. Not sure how, but I have heard. My God, nothing is sacred anymore.

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
USA
I was not aware of that; my bank once told me it takes 8 weeks to be super sure these funds have cleared. (Even though your bank clears the funds and puts them in your account, if anything goes wrong -- like a stolen account or reverse -- they take them right back out - this could happen weeks later.) But perhaps I am mixing that up with cashier's checks? Anybody know for sure about wire transfers? The 0 FB and the Manila address that is not confirmed are just 2 HUGE red flags after all the scammers we have read about here... And I would not want anyone having my bank info from Manila or anywhere else.
Bank wires are one of the safest ways to send money. And the buyer takes the risk. There's no chargeback possibility.

Confirm with your bank on tuesday that the funds have cleared and are in your account. Since you're not covered by seller protection, I don't see why it's a problem where you send the bag. I'd make sure it was insured tho' in case it goes missing.

coachfreak

Looking for LVOE

+Yea.... but you as a seller are giving your personal financial info out. Nowadays that is real dangers with ACH debits.

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hong Kong
fund havent been arrive yet but she said me some photo copy of the TT receipt she had...

and she said ok to ship to her address ( which is like a company address) as long as i mark it clear that she is the receipent...

i guess in this case i will really slow things down to see how everything work..

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hong Kong
and also now she is happy for me to ship to her ebay address which is a manila local address too. but she want the name to be in different name. I am clarifying with her and i will not put it attention to another name

and i also advise her to get insurance.

coco girl

Jun 15, 2008
New York
just make sure you have the funds in your hands and check with the bank that it is 100% cleared. Then ship

I don't know what contacting ebay and paypal will do for you as they don't protect anyone but themselves