Buyer unregistered on paypal but paypal marked eligible for seller protection r/o

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Have you ever seen this before Brand new user on etsy shows eligible for protection but I have never seen it show unregistered on Paypal Does anyone have any idea what this means Can you use paypal but not register with them

2. Well.. PP US HELP says THIS about paying on EBAY w/out a PP account...

Do I need a PayPal account to pay for an eBay item?

Question :
    Answer :
    No. You can use a credit card to pay for things on eBay if you don’t have a PayPal account. As a PayPal guest you can use your credit card, with guest checkout, up to 15 times to pay for things on eBay.
    By signing up for a PayPal account, though, you have more options when you pay. You’ll be able to pay with your PayPal balance or — if that isn’t enough to cover a payment — you can pay directly from your bank account or use your debit or credit card.
    Whatever payment method you choose, your financial information is secure. Merchants get paid but never see your bank account details or debit/credit card numbers.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=RVhBLLJCTfnx4GlJG9lz7xrZyLmXg5ZDhGbNcs5nnP8wX39TTTH1!537678673?locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=US&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9004&t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=10133&isSrch=Yes

Assuming same might be applicable to ETSY. I can only advise to make sure the transaction is Eligible and not Partially Eligible. And I'd say if you still have concerns, CALL PP and let them advise & explain.

3. Yes I would call PP. Please keep us posted about this.