Buyer sends offer on non-specific item

Couturexec

Jun 27, 2016
I've had this happen twice now. I get a message with an offer from a potential buyer, but there is not a specific item attached to the message. I could be agreeing to a price on any one of my listings. I reply back asking what item are you interested in? No response either time? Is this a scam or maybe just operator error on the buyers part? Anyone heard of this? TIA.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
I've had this happen twice now. I get a message with an offer from a potential buyer, but there is not a specific item attached to the message. I could be agreeing to a price on any one of my listings. I reply back asking what item are you interested in? No response either time? Is this a scam or maybe just operator error on the buyers part? Anyone heard of this? TIA.
I've done that to sellers by mistake.

if the buyer is asking about a completed listing, although their question comes directly from the listing, when an ended listing, there's no reference to the item/listing from which the question came.

ironic568

Aug 20, 2011
I've done that to sellers by mistake.

if the buyer is asking about a completed listing, although their question comes directly from the listing, when an ended listing, there's no reference to the item/listing from which the question came.
Yes, same happened to me. Listing has already ended.

Couturexec

Jun 27, 2016
Hmmm. That makes sense, but I don't have any ended listings. I guess what I find very odd is the lack of response from the person after I respond very quickly. I guess they changed their mind? It's weird. I'd at least say, oh sorry. I'm no longer interested or disregard.
I guess that's the Internet for ya.