Buyer said Chanel bag comes without ID card and want a dramatic reduction in price

blue2013

O.G.
Apr 7, 2013
Hello all!

I am back for some good advises from you. I sold an brand new authentic chanel bag with box, card and tag attached on ebay in September. More than 10 days later, I got an email from the buyer and below and how it reads:
I purchased from you a chanel purse . I thought I was purchasing an authentic Chanel purse for that price. I did not receive a card of authenticity with that purse. I do not want to pay that much money for a Chanel bag that is not authentic. Therefore , I am requesting to either reduce the price dramatically or credit my account. I have not used the bag and will send back to you. Your understanding in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I did indeed include the card in the package. I had my mom videotaping myself packaging the bag and the footage does show the card as long as matching serial number inside the purse.

I wrote back to her as below:
Hi,
The card was included in the package. It was placed inside the zipper pocket. I videotape the whole packaging process which will be uploaded and send to you. The bag is 100% authentic.
I don't mind taking it back but may I ask why it took you more than 10 days to notify me of this matter? Please make sure that you check the zipper pocket for the card. You are more than welcome to ship it back as long as it still has the security strap attached and the card. I still have the footage that shows I indeed included the card. Thank you.

I am wondering why it took her so long to request a refund. My bag is authentic. No doubt.
I don;t mind taking it back but I do not want her to ship it back without the card. I am not going to reduce the price dramatically. Why would she want me to reduce the price if the bag is not authentic?

Please help!!

Hello all!

I am back for some good advises from you. I sold an brand new authentic chanel bag with box, card and tag attached on ebay in September. More than 10 days later, I got an email from the buyer and below and how it reads:
I purchased from you a chanel purse . I thought I was purchasing an authentic Chanel purse for that price. I did not receive a card of authenticity with that purse. I do not want to pay that much money for a Chanel bag that is not authentic. Therefore , I am requesting to either reduce the price dramatically or credit my account. I have not used the bag and will send back to you. Your understanding in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I did indeed include the card in the package. I had my mom videotaping myself packaging the bag and the footage does show the card as long as matching serial number inside the purse.

I wrote back to her as below:
Hi,
The card was included in the package. It was placed inside the zipper pocket. I videotape the whole packaging process which will be uploaded and send to you. The bag is 100% authentic.
I don't mind taking it back but may I ask why it took you more than 10 days to notify me of this matter? Please make sure that you check the zipper pocket for the card. You are more than welcome to ship it back as long as it still has the security strap attached and the card. I still have the footage that shows I indeed included the card. Thank you.

I am wondering why it took her so long to request a refund. My bag is authentic. No doubt.
I don;t mind taking it back but I do not want her to ship it back without the card. I am not going to reduce the price dramatically. Why would she want me to reduce the price if the bag is not authentic?

Please help!!
Maybe she just didn't look in the pocket. That happened to me once when I sent a bag and they buyer couldn't find the shoulder strap (I'd wrapped it up and put it in the inner zip pocket).

Otherwise I'd be skeptical that she would return a fake bag or maybe just take your authenticity card. People have been known to do that.

I'm glad you told her about the video. She may know that that doesn't mean anything to eBay though. If she does return your bag without the card do not refund her in full.

Still waiting for her to respond. I googled her before shipping my bag to her. She's married to a doctor and living in a million dollar house so I guess she's not here to scam...I really hope not because credit card chargeback is powerful. They are not required to ship merchandise back for a refund. They get to keep it and the money. My bag was sold for over $3000.

Oh if it makes any difference, her ebay ID has no feedback and it's spam-like name. I was scared by the spam like ID that's why I looked her up. She seemed legit so I decided to ship it. Ugh.

Don't worry yet. It sounds like she would be fine with a fake as long as she got a reduction in price. That sounds like a scammer. What kind of legitimate purse buyer would be okay with a fake?

I bet the fact that you told her you videotaped the whole thing will scare her off.

It is odd that someone willing to spend 3,000+ on a bag would be willing to the settle for a fake. Also, it's hard to imagine she didn't check the pocket, considering it is a big purchase, I think she'd check every inch of the bag, immediately, but maybe that's just me.

Do you have a return policy? Maybe it's just buyer's remorse and she's looking for an out.

I am so worried that she would file for a credit card chargeback. Her email to me sounds like the first step of it. Anybody here ever experienced this situation? I will sue her if she ever wins the chargeback and gets to keep my bag.

Frankly, i think i would just use the "report this buyer" button if she insists any further. I heard *bay doesn't take too kindly to partial refund extortions - I'd forward all her messages.
Furthermore I'd be damn paranoid if the bag she returns will be the same bag.
Good you sent her the footage!

It is odd that someone willing to spend 3,000+ on a bag would be willing to the settle for a fake.
Exactly!