Buyer said Chanel bag comes without ID card and want a dramatic reduction in price

i think that from this point on, you shouldn't contact her anymore if you don't hear from her. how do you know that she has already decided to drop it? If it were me, i wouldn't be so insistent that she return the bag. Maybe she found the card and is fine with it, or maybe she was just testing you to see if she could get away with getting a discount. Now that you called her bluff, you should wait for her to make the next move. If she doesn't do anything else, drop it.

+1

Hello all!

I am back for some good advises from you. I sold an brand new authentic chanel bag with box, card and tag attached on ebay in September. More than 10 days later, I got an email from the buyer and below and how it reads:
I purchased from you a chanel purse . I thought I was purchasing an authentic Chanel purse for that price. I did not receive a card of authenticity with that purse. I do not want to pay that much money for a Chanel bag that is not authentic. Therefore , I am requesting to either reduce the price dramatically or credit my account. I have not used the bag and will send back to you. Your understanding in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I did indeed include the card in the package. I had my mom videotaping myself packaging the bag and the footage does show the card as long as matching serial number inside the purse.

I wrote back to her as below:
Hi,
The card was included in the package. It was placed inside the zipper pocket. I videotape the whole packaging process which will be uploaded and send to you. The bag is 100% authentic.
I don't mind taking it back but may I ask why it took you more than 10 days to notify me of this matter? Please make sure that you check the zipper pocket for the card. You are more than welcome to ship it back as long as it still has the security strap attached and the card. I still have the footage that shows I indeed included the card. Thank you.

I am wondering why it took her so long to request a refund. My bag is authentic. No doubt.
I don;t mind taking it back but I do not want her to ship it back without the card. I am not going to reduce the price dramatically. Why would she want me to reduce the price if the bag is not authentic?

Please help!!

She may have meant she did not want to pay that much money for a Chanel Bag that does not have its authenticity card.

I think exactly the same.
I think she did not want to pay that much money without having the card..as someone said here that the bag loses it's full price without the card..

OP has posted that she did include the authenticity card in the zipper pocket
of the bag.

The buyer now knows OP took a video of all this.

After reading this I'm wondering if sending the authenticity card separately with certified mail with tracking would be a good idea? What do you guys think?

After reading this I'm wondering if sending the authenticity card separately with certified mail with tracking would be a good idea? What do you guys think?

Think it is just best to send the card with the bag but perhaps tell the
buyer that the authenticity card is in the zipper compartment or for that
matter a seller could put it in an envelope inside the bag clearly marked
"authenticity card".

Most of these bags are sent priority bag with insurance, UPS, Fedex so really the
additional cost sending (certified)to the seller IMO may not be necessary

Last edited:
Think it is just best to send the card with the bag but perhaps tell the
buyer that the authenticity card is in the zipper compartment or for that
matter a seller could put it in an envelope inside the bag clearly marked
"authenticity card".

Most of these bags are sent priority bag with insurance, UPS, Fedex so really the
additional cost sending (certified)to the seller IMO may not be necessary

THANK YOU!!! Why didn't I think of that before I shipped it? I will keep this in mind for next shipment.

No i havent heard from her. I hope she will just go away.

OP your buyer might be embarassed & not know how to approach you
after her inappropriate accusatory comment.

I think she likely found the card & understood very clearly that a video
was taken of you packing the bag..

After that, not too much else to say & do agree that many in general don't know how
to apologize..

It looks like the video was very useful. It's hard to visualize how it would take >10 days to find a card (similar to a credit card) inside the zipper pocket of a Chanel bag. :hrmm:

It looks like the video was very useful. It's hard to visualize how it would take >10 days to find a card (similar to a credit card) inside the zipper pocket of a Chanel bag. :hrmm:

It is possible that the buyer did not inspect the bag until 10 days after it was shown as delivered, didn't find the card right away and panicked. She may have been away or she may have had it shipped to a different address and then forwarded to her. All sorts of things are possible.

Hopefully the OP has heard the end of this.