Buyer reused old shipping label w/ barcode after 6 months?

beejerry

A Blondie Gal!
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
I got an email from USPS.com today asking me to pay $6.05. No biggie, but, the shipping label was from February, paid for via Paypal, shipped to a buyer in PA. The notice stated that the label has been reused in August, and the package was shipped to OH???? :wtf:

I am suspecting that the buyer reused the label barcode (cut/scan and paste) and stick it on his package to OH. :cursing:

Lucky me I've all the records and can do an appeal. My suggestion is to print out everything, even D/C, and file them. Do not throw them away!

This is mail fraud, you should definately pursue it.

I love the convenience of being able to print my labels at home, but if the post office starts losing money to scammers they could possibly take it all away.

Please keep us updated.

Geez, I have never heard of that!! and I agree with 4theluvof-it, that's mail fraud. Besides, it seems to me whenever they would scan it at the points, it would be invalid, it seems that that may tip them off.

I thought it was a phishing email, but no.

Exactly, how low can scammers go? I talked to my local PO supervisor, and he was not surprised. Suggested me to call the Postal Inspector. If my appeal is denied, I will ring the PI up.

thats strange...

but i do keep a folder with all receipts or paypal/usps & DC purchased for anything ebay related. its come in handy twice already. too many dumb asses out there.

ohhh I am so glad that I have kept all of my paperwork! I would have never thought in a million years that this could happen. What will they come up with next to save a buck??? :cursing: