Buyer remorse with sale on Bonanzle

lastpurse

O.G.
Oct 29, 2007
I went back and forth with this buyer for DAYS about questions he had with a brand new Louis Vuitton Galliera GM he purchased from me. He wanted free overnight shipping (which I gave him...cost me $58!), and nearly $300 off the retail price. He received it today, and says he wants to return it because it is too big for his girlfriend! I clearly stated the measurements in the listing. I also said all sales final in the listing, but did email him he could return it for authentication purposes.

I gave him the original receipt (with my personal info marked out). It was purchased before 30 days, so I told him he could probably exchange it.

Just waiting for his response, but I know this will be a doozy.....:tdown:

What types of protection do I have with Bonanzle?? He paid through Paypal.....

Basically, BONZ itself has no "protection" for buyer or seller. PP offers BUYER protection only for ITEMS NOT RECEIVED for non-ebay purchases.
SO.. Bonz is not going to get involved and is NOT going to make you accept the return (as ebay/PP would).
Tell him the auction states "all sales final" and that you are not a retail store, and you do not do returns/exchanges for a buyer's change of mind.
ALL SALES FINAL... nicely, of course.

He just sent me an email asking if he really could exchange or return it at Saks even though he personally did not buy it.

(I purchased this bag with a gift cards from Christmas about 3 weeks ago, and sold it because I would rather have the money than the gift cards).

I told him an exchange should be no problem, but if he tried to return it the best they would do is store credit.

Waiting for a response....Really he will make out better since he will be getting back store credit in amount more than he paid for the bag. Kind of makes me sick :sad:

Ugh!! This is so frustrating.

Maybe he will not push this, but we will see......

Remind him that AT HIS INSISTENCE you made him a BARGAIN on this bag for his GF, as he can well see by the receipt provided. He can exchange at SAKS, sell it himself on Bonz/ebay... throw it in the trash. You don't care. He wanted that bag... period. Now he has it, and the fact the SHE does not like it is not your problem. Tell him next time to buy her a GC at Saks so she can get what she wants.
I swear... I have NO PATIENCE with buyers like this.

Remind him that AT HIS INSISTENCE you made him a BARGAIN on this bag for his GF, as he can well see by the receipt provided. He can exchange at SAKS, sell it himself on Bonz/ebay... throw it in the trash. You don't care. He wanted that bag... period. Now he has it, and the fact the SHE does not like it is not your problem. Tell him next time to buy her a GC at Saks so she can get what she wants.
I swear... I have NO PATIENCE with buyers like this.

Thanks Ellie Mae, you made me smile...I like your attitude:smile: I hate that I am so worked up over this!!!

Thanks Ellie Mae, you made me smile...I like your attitude:smile: I hate that I am so worked up over this!!!

Well I am glad you are at least giggling now.. but I am freakin SERIOUS. The reason I will NOT sell anything on ebay is that ebay will let a buyer return an item just becuz they change their mind. And that's BS.
He haggled and haggled w/ you, and you let him have what he wanted. He got $300 off retail and FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING? And now he's WHINING that he's changed his mind? I don't think so!:bagslap:
And I don't mean to insinuate that you be ugly to him, but you do need to stand your ground w/ this whiny-boy and tell him NO. IF he keeps on, then do like Saks does.. offer him a "store credit" ...minus shipping, of course. :roflmfao:

He can file with Paypal but for SNAD claims on non-eBay transactions the only thing they will do is close the claim. I am not saying you sent a SNAD item, just that it is the only thing he can file.

....too big for his girlfriend.......maybe shes just too small for the bag...suggest he find a larger gal...:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
sorry, just injecting humor into a frustrating situation.....
I would say NO also......

Well I am glad you are at least giggling now.. but I am freakin SERIOUS. The reason I will NOT sell anything on ebay is that ebay will let a buyer return an item just becuz they change their mind. And that's BS.
He haggled and haggled w/ you, and you let him have what he wanted. He got $300 off retail and FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING? And now he's WHINING that he's changed his mind? I don't think so!:bagslap:
And I don't mean to insinuate that you be ugly to him, but you do need to stand your ground w/ this whiny-boy and tell him NO. IF he keeps on, then do like Saks does.. offer him a "store credit" ...minus shipping, of course. :roflmfao:

Totally :true:

....too big for his girlfriend.......maybe shes just too small for the bag...suggest he find a larger gal...:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
sorry, just injecting humor into a frustrating situation.....
I would say NO also......

I ALMOST said the same... keep the bag and get a new girlfriend. Especially if she was the one hollering for this bag in the first place!

I wouldn't engage further in conversation with this buyer other than to tell him, in as few words as possible, that this is how it goes when you buy things online, without trying them on, that's why he got a huge discount...the bag is his to keep or sell. End of story.