Buyer Protection Case Removed?

Couture_CL

Bags! Bags! Bags!
Jul 25, 2008
Hello I have a question here for all you ebay experts -

I just recently received the following email from ebay titled:

We took action in the last 1 month to protect your seller rating

Thank you for being a valued seller on eBay. As you know, feedback is an essential part of what makes eBay a successful marketplace. We know that feedback left by buyers for you is important to your reputation. This is why we will remove feedback left for you when we know a buyer did not adhere to eBay policies. We wanted you to know that in the last 1 month, we took the following action to benefit your seller performance record:

• Removed 1 buyer protection cases

Note that these removals were the result of patterns identified by eBay's detection systems and/or cumulative reports from you and other sellers. They may be related to transactions that occurred any time over the past several months.

Learn more about the reasons eBay will remove feedback and cases on your behalf. If you encounter a questionable situation with a buyer, we encourage you to report it to eBay. While one report may not be sufficient for us to take action, it could help us identify a pattern of behavior so we can take action for your benefit and the benefit of the marketplace.

You can always view your Seller Dashboard for more information on your selling performance. Please note that some data may differ between this email and the dashboard, due to timing differences.

As some of you might know, I recently had a problem buyer in the past month (see thread http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/snad-claim-filed-possible-buyer-scam-799351.html), and she left a negative feedback in addition to filing a case.

I don't know if the above email from ebay is directly linked to this case but this is the only negative feedback/case I have ever received in my 10+ years on ebay.

I also just checked my profile, the negative feedback was not removed and my rating is still screwed due to the 1 negative feedback I have, so what exactly did this "action" do to benefit/protect me as a seller on ebay?

Any insights would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hello I have a question here for all you ebay experts -

I just recently received the following email from ebay titled:

We took action in the last 1 month to protect your seller rating

Thank you for being a valued seller on eBay. As you know, feedback is an essential part of what makes eBay a successful marketplace. We know that feedback left by buyers for you is important to your reputation. This is why we will remove feedback left for you when we know a buyer did not adhere to eBay policies. We wanted you to know that in the last 1 month, we took the following action to benefit your seller performance record:

• Removed 1 buyer protection cases

Note that these removals were the result of patterns identified by eBay's detection systems and/or cumulative reports from you and other sellers. They may be related to transactions that occurred any time over the past several months.

Learn more about the reasons eBay will remove feedback and cases on your behalf. If you encounter a questionable situation with a buyer, we encourage you to report it to eBay. While one report may not be sufficient for us to take action, it could help us identify a pattern of behavior so we can take action for your benefit and the benefit of the marketplace.

You can always view your Seller Dashboard for more information on your selling performance. Please note that some data may differ between this email and the dashboard, due to timing differences.

As some of you might know, I recently had a problem buyer in the past month (see thread http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/snad-claim-filed-possible-buyer-scam-799351.html), and she left a negative feedback in addition to filing a case.

I don't know if the above email from ebay is directly linked to this case but this is the only negative feedback/case I have ever received in my 10+ years on ebay.

I also just checked my profile, the negative feedback was not removed and my rating is still screwed due to the 1 negative feedback I have, so what exactly did this "action" do to benefit/protect me as a seller on ebay?

Any insights would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

They removed the case, not the negative feedback. The case that that buyer opened was removed from your dashboard and will not count against you. The negative feedback has remained.

They removed the case, not the negative feedback. The case that that buyer opened was removed from your dashboard and will not count against you. The negative feedback has remained.

Since they removed the case, you can possibly try contacting

Ebay to remove the negative feedback.

And since feedback is important, Ebay should be reminded of their

own words in the e-mail you received.

It is always worth a shot again to make the call...

There have been a few posts on the ebay boards about this. Apparently they're removing dings from sellers' accounts if the seller has a good history.

Since ebay does so little to help sellers, it's nice to see that they do sometimes do something good for sellers.

So ebay is basically saying that now they know this was a buyer who scammed you and other sellers too. I don't know why they just don't make you whole then by removing the negative feedback. I would have thought the same thing upon reading the message. I would do as hotshot suggested; call them up and politely refer to the paragraph where they pontificate on the importance of good feedback.

I really wish they would include the buyers name along with this message. I've gotten a few of these in the past and in my opinion they're useless without any further information.

I really wish they would include the buyers name along with this message. I've gotten a few of these in the past and in my opinion they're useless without any further information.

Unless there are many, many cases, would not you know who the buyer is, since it was your transaction?
I had one case removed a couple of months ago and it was very easy to figure out which buyer.

So ebay is basically saying that now they know this was a buyer who scammed you and other sellers too. I don't know why they just don't make you whole then by removing the negative feedback. I would have thought the same thing upon reading the message. I would do as hotshot suggested; call them up and politely refer to the paragraph where they pontificate on the importance of good feedback.

I think they removed it, because they agreed that it should not count against the seller. They look at feedback differently. It is considered an opinion (wrong or not) and usually has to meet very specific criteria in order to qualify for removal.

Unless there are many, many cases, would not you know who the buyer is, since it was your transaction?
I had one case removed a couple of months ago and it was very easy to figure out which buyer.

I always took it to mean that someone tried to open a case and it was denied. I don't get many open cases.

*feverishly looks to find some wood to knock on*

Thanks ladies I do take this as good news but I was just wondering if this is a follow up from the case opened in the past or someone had just tried to open a case and was denied? If its the latter case then that would explain why my previous negative feedback was not removed. I do wish ebay would share the buyer who tried to do this but I guess they are trying to prevent any negative confrontation or harassment directly with the buyer? Who knows.

All in all I guess it is a good thing they DID something good to honest sellers!

Thanks ladies I do take this as good news but I was just wondering if this is a follow up from the case opened in the past or someone had just tried to open a case and was denied? If its the latter case then that would explain why my previous negative feedback was not removed. I do wish ebay would share the buyer who tried to do this but I guess they are trying to prevent any negative confrontation or harassment directly with the buyer? Who knows.

All in all I guess it is a good thing they DID something good to honest sellers!

I am pretty sure it is the case that you had in the last month.