Buyer paid with Echeck and now asking to cancel transaction:(

YEANETT

O.G.
Apr 28, 2009
Hello Ladies, I have been having a stressful day:sad:. Ok so you know there is two different eBay members in this story.. 1- potential buyer and 2- the buyer.

So, I put up for sale BUY IT NOW (not bidding)a designer's bag, I had many offers from one potential buyer until I felt that she was nice and told her once that I would sleep on her last offer (if you are asking why? It was lower than my minimum). The following day, i sent her a counter offer and she did not reply to me until the day after.The same day I counter offered the potential buyer, I get another offer from "the buyer" lower than what I wanted and told her thank you for looking but I wouldn't take her offer. Then, at 2am this person whose offer I rejected "the buyer", bought it for full price. She paid with Echeck and apparently that takes 5 days to be verified by Paypal. In the meantime, that day I received the email from the potential buyer saying yes I take your counter offer; so I had to tell her that someone else bought it. This lady started threatening me and insulting me in several emails because she said that I knew what I was doing and that I played her all along, that is why I said I would sleep on it, and I am this and that and she will report me with eBay. Now, TWO days later the "BUYER" sent me an email requesting me to stop the transaction.. I asked her if anyone else had contacted her to say inappropriate things about me to let me know so I could report the person thinking I had a very upset lady insulting me because she couldn't purchase the bag before her and I told her that this was a commitment and that I lost time, money and got problems because of her "buying now" the purse. I could offer her 100 dollars off and to see if we could resolve this in the best way possible.. Well she wrote back and said..,
" NO one contacted me, I am just a 21year old college student that used her moms Paypal account and she found out and wants me to cancel the transaction"
I only wrote back.. I will follow up with eBay and let you know.

WHAT do I do ladies??

I advised Yeanett to post this scenario here to find out what others thought after I gave her my opinions. I hope some of the more frequent sellers with more experience than I have will help her out so I know if I gave the right advice.

I think the old, "my daughter used my paypal account" ruse has been used often (happened to me in the past) to get out of purchases. My thoughts are that if she really did use her mom's account, this could lead to trouble for Yeanett down the road. I also don't know if you can stop payment on an e-check, but since it's a kind of check, I think it might be possible. So the choices here would be to either do a mutual cancellation if it looks like she might do a chargeback later on, or to give the buyer a NPB strike.

The first "potential buyer" I advised her to report to ebay. Nobody needs harassment and threats. Yeanett had an item for sale, this lady didn't come up to the right price, and a seller has every right to consider an offer before accepting or declining (48 hours is usually the time frame given for offers). Therefore, I don't think she did anything at all wrong, and the buyer is just going off the deep end because she didn't get what she wanted. I advised her to block this person on her BBL as well as report the harassment & threats to ebay.

I advised Yeanett to post this scenario here to find out what others thought after I gave her my opinions. I hope some of the more frequent sellers with more experience than I have will help her out so I know if I gave the right advice.

I think the old, "my daughter used my paypal account" ruse has been used often (happened to me in the past) to get out of purchases. My thoughts are that if she really did use her mom's account, this could lead to trouble for Yeanett down the road. I also don't know if you can stop payment on an e-check, but since it's a kind of check, I think it might be possible. So the choices here would be to either do a mutual cancellation if it looks like she might do a chargeback later on, or to give the buyer a NPB strike.

The first "potential buyer" I advised her to report to ebay. Nobody needs harassment and threats. Yeanett had an item for sale, this lady didn't come up to the right price, and a seller has every right to consider an offer before accepting or declining (48 hours is usually the time frame given for offers). Therefore, I don't think she did anything at all wrong, and the buyer is just going off the deep end because she didn't get what she wanted.

Tutushopper, a lot of us are thankful to have you always, helping us!! Not only on eBay threads but in many others as well. Thank you so much for your help!

Tutushopper, a lot of us are thankful to have you always, helping us!! Not only on eBay threads but in many others as well. Thank you so much for your help!

You are very welcome; I really am anxious to see what other more experienced sellers have to say. I don't sell that often, nor for that long, so I really rely on these people to help me so much.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate when I hit the wrong button on my computer after I have written an essay! I just wrote you a ton of stuff and it was all wiped out in .00001 second.

I used my Mom's account is starting to wear very thin.

I would also report this buyer for threatening you... This is unacceptable & if
her e-mails were thru ebay's mail system they will see all of this . This buyer
needs to be suspended.. No one needs to be subjected to that . Period.

This buyer needs to be on a blocked list as well..

I am not sure how an e-check works,so perhaps it is best to contact paypal
& seek the correct way to handle this.

Some of these buyers are really unbelievable & sorry you had to experience
this unpleasantness.

this unpleasantness.

I'm SICK of that one and the 'ol "My husband said I could only spend $*** on this item".

Or i meant to add this to my watch list and it bought it instead....

The best one I ever got was..."My ex-boyfriend hacked into my account and bought those shoes because he is trying to get revenge. I need to cancel the transaction please."

So...I cancelled it. The next day she sent me an email asking if she could buy them for a lower price.

REALLY?!

this unpleasantness.

Hotshot, thank you soooo much for your advice!

I'm SICK of that one and the 'ol "My husband said I could only spend $*** on this item".

Or i meant to add this to my watch list and it bought it instead....

The best one I ever got was..."My ex-boyfriend hacked into my account and bought those shoes because he is trying to get revenge. I need to cancel the transaction please."

So...I cancelled it. The next day she sent me an email asking if she could buy them for a lower price.

REALLY?!

I am speechless!!