Buyer Opens Case and Said I Sent Wrong Bag But I Didn't!!

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
Has anyone dealt with an ebay case where a buyer claims you sent them the wrong item and you 100% KNOW you didn't? Long story short, I sold someone a lavender bag and she claims I sent her a peach one. This was a bag from my personal collection so I know for SURE I did not send her this item as I've never even OWNED this bag in peach. And let me say, this was by no means an expensive bag, she paid less than $30 for it.

I packaged it up and sent it yesterday and she received it today (we're in the same state) and is now claiming I sent her the wrong color. I'm afraid if I take the item back and issue her a refund, I'm going to get sent back a fake bag, (more than likely that peach bag she was describing) and she'll still have the CORRECT bag AND the money. And eBay seems to always sway to the side of buyers anymore, even though she's a new buyer and I've been on ebay for 10+ years with nearly 1500 excellent feedback comments and had no real problems.

Any ideas of how to proceed? I've never had this happen so I'm afraid this is going to be a huge headache as she opened the case saying she wants to return the bag she got and wants me to "send her the lavender one from the listing" which,um, she ALREADY HAS. Based on the fact that I don't have the bag in my possession anymore, I won't be able to send it and so I'll have to refund her. UGH. Help?

I just did a search and she's bid on over 90 things since November 12th! LOTS of bags, especially Coach bags, and looks like one bag like the one I sold in a green/pink by another seller in California ended yesterday (so it's probable she got that one today also)...but she said I sent her peach/brown. Don't know if that's the one she was referring to but that's the only one it could possibly be.

I really hope she does have me confused with someone else, I've heard too many horror stories about this happening but I just find it odd that she did it with such a cheap item, if it truly is a scam.

Seeing that many things being bid on in the last few days really bothers me though. Either it's a scam or she bought too many things and needs to recoup some money. I'm really baffled by this one.

Did you check the tracking number for the bag you sent? As others have suggested, she may have bought a peach bag from someone else and your item may not have even gotten there yet.

Ask for a picture of the item she received.

I added some more info to my post above...she purchased a similar bag from another seller in California yesterday as well as mine so it's possible that's the one she was referring to and she got that one today also. She and I are both in California and I sent the bag yesterday afternoon and it arrived today (I'm obsessive with checking tracking numbers.)

If she replies and starts making threats, I will definitely ask her for a picture of what she received. I'd love to know if she opened a claim on that seller too saying that seller sent her a purple one and wants the brown one and she's scamming us both. I'd hope that's not the case.

Okay, phew...just got the "Buyer has closed the case" email. Guess she realized I actually DID send the right bag. I mean, I even sent a nice little note with it!

This just gave me 2 hours worth of stress I didn't need tonight! :hrmm:

Thanks for the support and help, BeenBurned, Jennie's Aunt and poopsie!

Okay, phew...just got the "Buyer has closed the case" email. Guess she realized I actually DID send the right bag. I mean, I even sent a nice little note with it!

Glad for your good outcome :biggrin:

Glad to hear you resolved your issue. When people buy a lot on eBay especially similar items they do sometimes get confused about who sent what. :smile: