buyer opens a claim!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read gga's giveaway thread and it left me nearly speechless (which is a nearly impossible thing to do! :upsidedown:)

But I will say this much:

GGA: If only one in 1,000 people followed your exemplary behavior--your kindness, generosity and grace--the world would be a much better place. I'm blown away and humbled by what you did. :flowers:

OP: One would hope that what you experienced back when you were given this bag would've been significant enough to serve as one of the many lessons in life. But, it seems, at least based on what is happening now with the bag, that the lesson was not learned. I don't mean to be condescending--I truly don't--but just honest. And, honestly, I feel sorry for you and hope you have an opportunity to redeem yourself, such as, for example, by refunding the price of the bag, the original shipping AND whatever the buyer spends returning the bag to you in the case of a return.

Sarah, you got this bag for free. You made the person who gifted it to you pay customs charges to send you the bag. Then you didn't even thank the person who gave it to you, you gave a list of faults you found with this bag.

Now you put the bag up for sale, with a lot of wear and tear, with inadequate pictures and descriptions. The buyer, rightly I might add, is annoyed with the item she received and demands a refund. You complain about that on this thread.

And with all this going on, you expect us to have any sympathy for you?

Amen sistah!! :nuts:

Thank you for posting gga's giveaway thread! What a wonderful act of kindness. I was 100% shocked at Sara's attitude upon arrival of the gift and shocked again that she would sell this bag rather than keep it or past it on to the next lucky person.

I'm a little shocked by all this, 1st a very special lady gives a bag away, pays postage, customs.....on reading that thread, no thankyou, just what is wrong with the bag..then sells it as used twice....when that does not seem to be the case....Now the buyer of said bag is rightly upset....have l got it right so far ???? please tell me if l'm wrong!!!! l'm speechless sorry x

I'm a little shocked by all this, 1st a very special lady gives a bag away, pays postage, customs.....on reading that thread, no thankyou, just what is wrong with the bag..then sells it as used twice....when that does not seem to be the case....Now the buyer of said bag is rightly upset....have l got it right so far ???? please tell me if l'm wrong!!!! l'm speechless sorry x

You hit the nail on the head.
I would add~admitted to using the bag repeatedly in other threads and called it broken in

Not a good way to repay such kindness. I understand that the bag is hers to do with as she sees fit, but the pictures and description should at least be accurate.
Reading the giveaway thread, and then this one makes me a little sick and sad. GGA, you are a rare gem, and I think what you did was beyond sweet.

I think Sara just didn't think this situation through, but it is her responsibility to correct this problem.

Sara-
In this case, if the buyer is willing to take a partial refund, I would do it (depending on how much she wants). Yes, she already got a good deal- but you got an even better deal. When you said that you didn't like the bag, other TPF members suggested that you give it away if you didn't like it. Well, obviously you didn't like it much, since you sold it. OK, so at that point- the bag was in your hands. You were under no obligation to give it away as GGA had done (although some would argue that karma might indicate otherwise. GGA gave it away to someone would love it more- you, not being quite so generous/in a financial situation that allowed you to be quite so generous, opted to sell it).

Maybe you only used it 2 times- you talked about stuffing a bunch of stuff in it and trying to "break it in", but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were telling the truth. I'll also give you the benefit of the doubt about your misleading item description- and it WAS misleading. The buyer could have asked for more pictures, but since you said it was only used twice & are a member of TPF, they may have simply trusted your word/judgment.

Despite what happened before and your explanations for it, you are NOW in a position to correct the situation, at least a bit. Give a partial refund, ask the buyer to return the bag (you pay shipping both ways) so you can resell (or give away to someone who will love it, as GGA has done, if you are so inclined), whatever- just make it right.

Honestly, from these two threads, I would say that if you care about your reputation on TPF and continuing to feel comfortable posting, you need to remedy this situation.

Offer to take the bag back or refund the money. In all good conscience, these are the only two things you could do to make this situation right.

Enough said.

Why not just refund the buyer the full amount plus shipping and let her keep the bag to "Pay-it-Forward" to the buyer as GGA did? This is your chance to redeem yourself!
Thats a nice idea, but has OP got problems, plus has she had an accident or something, l read about crutches and plaster somewhere...this is an awful mess.I'm not sure why OP started this at all?????.It's not showing her in a good light, sorry to say...Where is OP ??? x

Edit: just read OP saying this about the bag from another thread (I think someone mentioned it earlier, but I was confused about what she was talking about)

OP: "i've been using the SM quite regularly and learning to love it so i don't know if i would want to part with it or if anyone would want to buy a broken in bag"

Wish I could delete "Maybe you only used it 2 times- you talked about stuffing a bunch of stuff in it and trying to "break it in", but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were telling the truth. I'll also give you the benefit of the doubt about your misleading item description" from the message I posted further up.

Even more reason to properly fix this situation and make it right for the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.