Buyer opened dispute. Is this fair? Advice please

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
I probably would have given her a refund even though I disgree with her. But she just went from zero to 60. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
If they are marked a certain size, then it shouldn't matter if they fit the buyer or not. YOU aren't the one who marked them.

Jun 14, 2006
I probably would have given her a refund even though I disgree with her. But she just went from zero to 60. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
I think your being very generous thinking that. She doesnt deserve it. I hope Paypal sides with you to let people like her know they have to keep what they buy unless there is a real problem.

Whatever happened to a bid is a binding contract :shrugs:, ebay throws that around when its benefits them.

lv_forever

Jul 5, 2007
I wouldn't even worry about it. Don't let it get to you. They were marked as 8.5. Maybe her sister wears size 7 from a brand that makes a huge 7, I don't know but that certainly isn't of your concern. I mean, how can you say "fits more like a 7" when you have no idea whether it would fit size 7 from Nine West or size 7 from Louboutin? What she is claiming that you should have done is absolutely ridiculous. If she does leave a negative message saying whatever, you just respond "shoes clearly marked 8.5." That's all there is to it.

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Did you put actual measurements of the shoes in the listing? Just like with clothing, all shoes are different.

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
I don't usually put shoe measurements in listings. Hoewever, if someone asks for a specific measurement, I will answer the question as best I can and then post the answer in the listing. In this case, she didn't ask for measurements.

Just wondering now if I should start posting shoe measurements as a general rule. I suppose it might save me some trouble in the long run. But, the weird thing is, I have found numerous buyers will not even pay attention when I do post measurements.

4theluvof-it

Aug 17, 2007
^^I put measurements with everything, even with shoes, it may not always alleviate problems, but it should help

lv_forever

Jul 5, 2007
I don't usually put shoe measurements in listings. Hoewever, if someone asks for a specific measurement, I will answer the question as best I can and then post the answer in the listing. In this case, she didn't ask for measurements.

Just wondering now if I should start posting shoe measurements as a general rule. I suppose it might save me some trouble in the long run. But, the weird thing is, I have found numerous buyers will not even pay attention when I do post measurements.
The measurements are not always a guarantee that the shoes will fit. It all depends on the height of the heel as well as the design of the shoes. I actually do not like it when the seller puts things like "my daughter is a size 7 but these do not fit her so this must be like 6." It is very confusing to me as I have no idea whether her daughter usually wears 7 tightly or has wide feet, etc. I'd rather just specifically ask for measurements and look at the design before placing a bid.

bulletproofsoul

Always on the hunt
O.G.
Jan 18, 2007
Innerspace
Oh La Miss I'm really sorry. This buyer is a total PITA. There is no way paypal is going to side with her if you put the correct shoe size in the auction. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Since it's been escalated, just know that you won't have to deal with her nagging emails. When paypal contacts you, just let your auction speak for itself. Just focus on your house and congrats on your upcoming wedding! This will all work itself out, I know it.

Your fellow Moz lover,
BPS