Buyer on Bonanza wants return but..

antiquitease

poison & wine
O.G.
May 14, 2008
I recently sold a wallet on Bonanza before Thanksgiving weekend. I thought all was well until I got a message from the buyer today stating that it was described but the buckle was stuck.

I stated in my listing that all sales are final, and to always ask me any questions before buying. I know that when I had the wallet, I had no problems opening it or closing it, so I don't understand why she would have the problem herself when I had no trouble with it..?

And if there was a problem with the buckle, I would have noted it. I make sure to note everything in my listings.

I don't want to refund the item, and I'm unsure how to respond. I know the buckle didn't have a problem. Advice on how to proceed/reply to her? I think if I don't accept the refund she'll neg me? This is the first time I'm ever dealing with this, so I don't quite know how to word my response.

Now I have this and the black bal city scammer to deal with. I need a break. :sad:

Last edited:
How much of a hassle is it worth for you? Buyer can file a claim, regardless of your return policy, and if they win you will be forced to accept a return.

I know a lot of people here are really against offering partial refunds and I understand why, but in this case (if the buckle is really problematic) it may be a feasible alternative if you don't want it returned (offer to cover the cost of repair, but look it up first and offer that amount rather than leaving it to the buyer to choose the amount).

But first I would ask her to describe exactly what she means by it not working and ask for a photograph of the problem. It may be something silly that you can work through with the buyer.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this on top of the Bbag scam at the same time.

To save you the headache, I would just accept the return and relist it, or if you don't mind giving a partial refund, try that route. Hopefully the buyer will be cooperative. Good luck!

You had the wallet before, so you know how it works. Can the buckle on this wallet get stuck? How? Did the buyer explain in detail what is wrong with it?

I disagree about a partial--what for? If the wallet doesn't work, how could a partial refund be an option or solution?

You had the wallet before, so you know how it works. Can the buckle on this wallet get stuck? How? Did the buyer explain in detail what is wrong with it?

I disagree about a partial--what for? If the wallet doesn't work, how could a partial refund be an option or solution?

Yeah, agreed with the first part (and what I alluded to in the last bit of my previous message), I wonder if it's something silly that you can easily suss out with the buyer. I know sometimes I somehow can't figure out a simple mechanism (if it's not a direct buckle, like the weird on that can be found on Kate Spade wallets) but once the proper technique is pointed out to me, I get it (and then feel sheepish).

I tried to work it out with the buyer but she became hostile instead of answering my questions (which weren't asked in anyway that could be deemed antagonistic), and only wanted a refund. So I'm going to refund her to avoid any headaches, since she doesn't sound like the type to want to work anything out. She didn't explain in detail, instead kept only going on that it was "extremely difficult to open." I'm assuming it's a case of buyer's remorse, as before packing it, I made sure everything was in working order, including the enclosure.

Thank you everyone. I hope to get my item back soon and get her out of the picture.