Buyer marked as payment sent? Help!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello ladies!

I'm having an ebay situation and hope to get some help!

I sold a bag yesterday on ebay, after a 7-day auction. The winner is from UK, and has private feedback! She is a member from August 2012. I sent the invoice, and just a few hours ago, the buyer marked as payment sent, without paying.

I did a little google search and saw that sometimes this is a way of scamming - the seller thinks that the payment is sent so he ships the item.

I messaged the buyer and wrote that she has to unmark as payment sent, so she can click on the pay now button and pay through paypal. I state at my auction that payment should be done within two days after the end of the auction, and now almost the one day has already passesd.

I'm anxious with this, do I have to do something else now? Or wait for the answer?

Thank you so much!

2. I would just sit and wait. Let the four days pas and then file a non-paying bidder if she still hasn´t paid.

I guess you could phone ebay too but I would wait.

3. Thank you!
    So I should wait until four days after the end of the auction pass and then file a non-paying claim?

If I want to send a second chance offer, when I can do this?

4. Yes, I think the buyer has 4 days to pay. I think you will have to wait until the non paying bidder case is closed before you can send a second chance offer. The buyer has 4 days to pay and then another 5 days after you file the non-paying bidder case. Then you can send the second chance offer.

5. Thank you, that was very helpful!
    I'll wait and see..

6. Is it possible for you to show the link where this explains the scam? I could not find info. I'm really curious!

7. Your welcome.
    Still no news from the buyer. I will wait until Wednesday to open a case.
    I contacted the second higher bidder, and she is willing to accepting my SCO after the case is closed.

8. Just wait for the 4 days file a NPB & your buyer still have 4 days to pay

Good that your second high bidder is going to wait until all this is over

9. Same advice! Wait! Don't send till you see the payment coming in. You might want to send another gentle reminder about payment. If not, just re-list, better avoid than be sorry.

10. Thank you! Yes, the second high bidder is such a nice person, she answered immediately, and she is so kind.

11. I really have a bad feeling about this buyer. I am not going to send the bag if I don't see clear payment through paypal, and I don't think she is going to pay.
    I sent her a polite message, telling her that the two days after the end of the auction have passed, and I would appreciate it if she could communicate with me and tell me when she will be able to proceed with the payment, so I can send the bag to her asap.

I think that if she had the intention to pay, at least she would have send me a message by now.

12. You're lucky to have a second bidder that wants the item. I never have that luck!

Just when I thought I'd heard everything about the ways of scamming - I learn a new one :smile:. I wonder if sellers really fall for this. I will always check my paypal account in the future when I sell something.

13. Yes, she told me she would love to accept the SCO. Again if for any reason she changes her mind, I will relist it.

Yes, until now, I never had this situation! I didn't know what to think when I saw that buyer marked as payment sent. I tried to understand why a buyer would do this, since paypal is the only method for payment. I don't accept checks or something like this.

And the whole situation - new member, private feedback, no communication is not very reliable!

Yes, after that, always check our paypal account!!