Buyer made best offer, I acceped, she paid, BUT the best offer was MORE than my BIN!

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
What does this mean? My item was $795 BIN or best offer, this morning a buyer sends me a best offer of $796 which I accepted, groggily because I had just woken up. Looking at the transaction now, I see that she OFFERED ME a dollar more than my BIN price?

What am I supposed to make of this?

Can this be problematic for me in any way shape or form?

Despite all this, the bag retails for $895, so she still saved a lot of money..

Maybe she's new to ebay and not familiar yet with the terms 'BO' or BIN' - she thought it's just some kind of bidding-thingy. Or she was groggy indeed. Anyhow, lucky you! (Maybe you could send her a piece of nice chocolate in return?...:rolleyes:)

I think it might warn you when you do that as the buyer. I can't remember exactly because it was a while ago, but I once accidentally entered a bid (not BO) higher than the BIN, and I remember the eBay confirm warned me about it and asked if I really wanted to do it. I didn't, so I changed mine! I would imagine that it does the same for best offers. I guess she hadn't had her coffee yet. :shrugs:

Did she include shipping costs in her BO? I've heard of people doing that...otherwise, I agree with the pp's, she must not have had her morning coffee yet. :P Glad the transaction has gone well so far!

~Carlie

Did she include shipping costs in her BO? I've heard of people doing that...otherwise, I agree with the pp's, she must not have had her morning coffee yet. :P Glad the transaction has gone well so far!

~Carlie

I also think she may have been including her shipping costs... or does eBay automatically add them onto a BIN?

I also think friponne might be right - perhaps she thinks you still need to bid with a BIN - in that case, she probably thinks she got a great deal!

lol!! how strange!!? well, i wouldn't complain if someone wanted to pay me more than i was asking...

maybe she thought that it was a buy it now and an auction at the same time? so she wanted to offer you a bit more so that you wouldn't continue the auction? i don't know...doesn't make much sense to me.