Buyer listed as brand new but received damaged.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't know if this belongs there but I purchased something on half.com but it's an ebay company. I bought a textbook for $45 plus $3.99 for shipping. The listing was for a brand new textbook. When I received it this morning the cover was ripped and it was not brand new at all. I didn't pay with paypal since there was no paypal option but I did pay with my Visa. Is there anything I can do? The textbook might of been damaged while it was being shipped to buy house but there's tears on two different spots of the cover. There was also a rip in the packaging.

2. I sell and buy on half.com

Isn't there a dispute option under your account where the transaction is?

Otherwise file a dispute with your credit card company.

3. I contacted the seller and inform them of the damaged textbook. Thanks for your fast reply!

4. I would go straight to the cc company to dispute the charge and mail the book back.

5. if it is a book seller they may have another copy to mail out.

6. I wouldn't of mind if the book is used and not brand new but they didn't have to list as brand new. To be honest, I didn't even know I brought a brand new book until I checked my email. Maybe they want to get away for charging for a new book instead of used but I contact the seller and waiting for a reply.

7. True! I assumed this was not the case because, otherwise, it would seem obvious the buyer already tried that before starting the thread, but apparently that's not the case (based on her second post, which cross-posted with mine).

8. Seller replied to me and asked me to name a price they would refund back to me. Because they don't have another of the same book on hand. The book is 45$ I don't know how much should I ask for. I don't want to be greedy and ask for too much back.

9. Check Amazon.com and see what the book, in a similar condition, is selling for. That might give you a better idea about the difference.

10. Maybe 1/2 of what you paid would be fair?

11. Thanks I emailed the seller and describe the damages on the book. I asked for a refund of 18$ a little less than half. The seller refund me 25$. Which was very nice of the seller.

12. Well, that actually turned out OK, it seems. Are you satisfied with the transaction?

13. Glad it all worked out.