Buyer left neutral feedback but wrote "good"

poleybear

Oct 7, 2008
OK, so i had this transaction with a new ebayer who has only 1 positive feedback. She paid within a reasonable period of time, and I shipped her the item. After a while, I found that she left me a neutral feedback, and the comment was "good". Why the hell would you leave a neutral feedback if you think the transaction was "good"??? I sent her an email asking her if she's unhappy about the product or anything, no response. I filed a complaint to ebay, and apparently there's nothing they can do! wonderful! What's up with these new ebay users?

Some people may not realize that a neutral is now bad. If they weren't overjoyed or overly-impressed they might have thought a neutral was appropriate (not that I agree).

i am a ebay buyer and i look at seller's feedback everytime when i wanna bid on his/her items. I dont really think a Neutral Feedback is a problem as long as her comments are positives.

A neutral means not good enough to be positive, not bad enough to be negative. If nothing went south in this transaction--service or product wise--a Neutral is not an accurate or fair assessment, IMO. Either something went wrong, and the buyer did not communicate with the seller, or the buyer is a bit ignorant.

i am a ebay buyer and i look at seller's feedback everytime when i wanna bid on his/her items. I dont really think a Neutral Feedback is a problem as long as her comments are positives.

While I agree, the neutral and "good" seems contradictory. Previously this wouldn't be a problem, but since negative count against your percentage (until the new changes go into effect) it is a problem since it can affect powerseller status.

While I agree, the neutral and "good" seems contradictory. Previously this wouldn't be a problem, but since negative count against your percentage (until the new changes go into effect) it is a problem since it can affect powerseller status.

A negative won't affect your feedback percentage when new changes go into effect? I'm not sure what you mean by that or maybe I am just misunderstanding.Sorry.

A negative won't affect your feedback percentage when new changes go into effect? I'm not sure what you mean by that or maybe I am just misunderstanding.Sorry.

Yeah. It's already in effect here in the US. A neutral will be just that: neutral. It won't have a negative or positive impact on your feedback score...you'll see it in your comments and it will add a comment to your name feedback, but it won't lower or raise your feedback percentage.

Thanks LVbabydoll.:smile: A neutral doesn't count as a negative in Canada either anymore. I think I just misunderstood coachfreak's post. I thought she meant that a negative would not count against our feedback score soon.

Thanks LVbabydoll.:smile: A neutral doesn't count as a negative in Canada either anymore. I think I just misunderstood coachfreak's post. I thought she meant that a negative would not count against our feedback score soon.

Mistype the second time... it should have been neutral affected scores until the latest changes, NOT negative!

Sorry :yes:

A neutral means not good enough to be positive, not bad enough to be negative. If nothing went south in this transaction--service or product wise--a Neutral is not an accurate or fair assessment, IMO. Either something went wrong, and the buyer did not communicate with the seller, or the buyer is a bit ignorant.

I disagree with this. If nothing went south in this auction a neutral is a perfectly fine response from a buyer. If something went south you'd have a negative. Perhaps she wasn't overly impressed but not overly unimpressed either - hence, neutral. I think it's a good idea to have something there in the middle.

Linda

^That's why it's good that it doesn't count negatively towards a feedback score anymore. I wouldn't want to have it negatively affect my score just because someone wasn't over the moon over the transaction.