Buyer left good feedback now wants partial refund 2 months later

emkim

O.G.
Dec 5, 2007
Two months ago, I sold a pair of shoes to someone on eBay. She left me good feedback 2 weeks after the end of the auction.

Well, a month after the end of auction, the buyer contacted me to tell me that the shoes were damaged and she wanted to return it or get a partial refund of 1/3 of sell price. The buyer had just noticed the damage. I contacted the buyer through eBay and asked for the shoes back and I will give her a full refund. For the past month, the buyer is refusing to send it back to me and keeps demanding a partial refund.

Do I have to do anything more besides demanding the shoes back? Or do I have to agree to the refund? The damage is so tiny and I would rather have the shoes back then lose a third of the sale price to the buyer.

I also googled the buyer and it turns out they are part of Shop Airlines America who listed my item on their Japanese site. Some people call them a scam and others said they are okay. I'm not sure what to believe.

Thank you for your help!

Two months ago, I sold a pair of shoes to someone on eBay. She left me good feedback 2 weeks after the end of the auction.

Well, a month after the end of auction, the buyer contacted me to tell me that the shoes were damaged and she wanted to return it or get a partial refund of 1/3 of sell price. The buyer had just noticed the damage. I contacted the buyer through eBay and asked for the shoes back and I will give her a full refund. For the past month, the buyer is refusing to send it back to me and keeps demanding a partial refund.

Do I have to do anything more besides demanding the shoes back? Or do I have to agree to the refund? The damage is so tiny and I would rather have the shoes back then lose a third of the sale price to the buyer.

I also googled the buyer and it turns out they are part of Shop Airlines America who listed my item on their Japanese site. Some people call them a scam and others said they are okay. I'm not sure what to believe.

Thank you for your help!

After this amount of time, I wouldn't accept a return at all. How long has it been since they paid? (How many days?)

After this amount of time, I wouldn't accept a return at all. How long has it been since they paid? (How many days?)
Sell date: 5/13/14
Buyer paid: 5/13/14
Shoes arrived: 5/21/14
Feedback left: 5/29/14
First contact: 6/12/14
Case opened: 6/13/14
eBay Close Case: 7/13/14

So it has been 61 days since they paid.

I just worry they could still do a charge back.

If they left positive feedback they are saying they are happy- which should mean they checked it thoroughly and are happy. I would not offer a refund of any kind and i would block them

Sell date: 5/13/14
Buyer paid: 5/13/14
Shoes arrived: 5/21/14
Feedback left: 5/29/14
First contact: 6/12/14
Case opened: 6/13/14
eBay Close Case: 7/13/14

So it has been 61 days since they paid.

I just worry they could still do a charge back.
Ebay closed the case because the buyer has no case. It's too late and you owe the buyer nothing.

Yup. Sounds like she wore them or she's just making something up to get a "discount" after the fact. Obviously she wants to keep them or she would have sent them back to you by now.

Your buyer is trying sell the shoes, but since there was a flaw that supposedly she didn't notice right away, she's asking you for a partial refund. That way, she can lower her selling price and still make a decent profit. Be firm, don't give in to her demands.