Buyer is trying to pull a switch on me HELP.

I had a similar thing happen and it took PayPal almost 60 days to resolve (in my favor). I too got nasty e mails from my buyer. You can forward them to PayPal for inclusion in the case at: [email protected]
I did this and really believed it helped the investigator see that I was operating with integrity & my buyer was not. Good luck.

[FONT=&quot]bear6108, thanks so much for the e-mail address, I will for sure send over her e-mails. The buyer seems to be getting much nastier. Now she is stating if she does not get her money back via paypal, then she is going to contact my bank and file a fraud claim against. Can this happen I am getting so worried, I truly feel this getting out of control. HELP[/FONT]

paypal told me that buyer has 20 days to file a claim. I think you are in the clear:drool: Sucks we have to worry at all, but I am coming to find that there are many dishonest people out there, which is really terrible to think about.

It's very disheartening to realize that many people aren't as honest as you are. Take this as a learning experience, you can find something good in everything. At the same time be ruthless in protecting your rights and honor. I hope it gets resolved as soon as possible.:smile:

Did your situation get resolved?? My only advice is to keep calling someone at Paypal until you find someone who will help you. I've always had everything positively resolved with them.

this looks like it has buyer remorse written all over it! but you can never be sure... she might, in deed, switch the bags on you... unfortunately, the chanel cambon tote seem to be widely "reproduced"... i live in a small town close to nyc... i've seen about 6 girls with that style, only 1 was the real deal..

[FONT=&quot]bear6108, thanks so much for the e-mail address, I will for sure send over her e-mails. The buyer seems to be getting much nastier. Now she is stating if she does not get her money back via paypal, then she is going to contact my bank and file a fraud claim against. Can this happen I am getting so worried, I truly feel this getting out of control. HELP[/FONT]

If she is not going thru the proper chanels then she could be SOL IMO.

I think you need to continue to FWD ALL correspondence between the 2 of you to eBay. They need to see it all.

GOOD LUCK!!! I really hope this gets resolved for you.

thanks everyone, I did forward all her e-mails to PP. I tried to call but all they could say was they are reviewing the case and will contact me when they have further information. I hope this is over soon, so stressfull.

[FONT=&quot] Now she is stating if she does not get her money back via paypal, then she is going to contact my bank and file a fraud claim against. Can this happen I am getting so worried, I truly feel this getting out of control. HELP[/FONT]

No, she can call your bank all she wants and they will NOT give her information about your account. She's blowing smoke.

If I were you, I'd ask her who the SA was at Chanel that she called. I'd bet she can't give you a name. This may also help you in your PP dispute.

where do you buy tags that can't be removed unless its cut off? Ihave been looking around but no luck.

Search eBay for Tyvek, that's the materials these tags are made from. Or do a Google search. I've seen some PFers post that they use the bracelets that you get when going to clubs or fairs (I'm sure you know the type I'm talking about).

I use an invisible ink ultraviolet marker on all bags I sell and I tell the buyer they have been discreetly marked. Never had a problem yet and I do it precisely because of the switch scams. Good luck, I hope this resolves in your favor.

thanks everyone, I did forward all her e-mails to PP. I tried to call but all they could say was they are reviewing the case and will contact me when they have further information. I hope this is over soon, so stressfull.
Things like this are extremely stressful! However, try not to let it get your down as right now there is nothing you can do.
Keep us posted on what happens and fingers crossed paypal will come through for you.

Experiences like this ruin ebay!

where do you buy tags that can't be removed unless its cut off? Ihave been looking around but no luck.

Ironically, I got them on Ebay. They are red plastic, so they wouldn't be easily duplicated as stores only carry the clear ones. I can't find the lady I bought them from now, but if you want to PM me your address, I'll send you some. I had to buy 500, so I have plenty. :smile:

wow thanks everyone had no idea about the receipt issue. I assumed this its ebay people would feel more comfortable getting the exact receipt.

Latest update: Buyer stated in the PP resolution messages the she has proof from the acutal Store Manager of Chanel in Chicago that the bag is not authentic. This women is out of control with her lies. I would have been more willing to accept her return if she was honest and stated she had buyers remorse, but now there is no way in ___ I will accept a return from her. She is out right lied to me and PP, I called the store she claimed to have proof from the store manager and they stated to me that they do not and will no authentic any items. this is all just so crazy. thanks for everyones input it really helps.

OMG - what a Lier she is - Chanel do NOT authenticate items at all.

Make sure you make a note of the phone call - what day, time, who you spoke to etc. Maybe even give them a call back and ask if they can possibly put something in writing to say that they do not carry out authenticating services (they may not do this either of course but its worth a try), then at least you have a paper copy.

I cannot believe this woman. I think she has just realised that she could do with the money for something else and thought this would be a good way of getting her money back.

Has she told you what it is she actually wants? - does she want to return the bag to you and is she expecting to keep the bag and get her money back.

I would agree with the person that said to ask her to return the bag but state that you have something on it to make sure that it is the same bag and video the package when it arrives and video and photograph the bag that you get back. Obviously you still have the photographs of the original bag so they should be the same.

Sometimes it does make you wonder why you bother doesn't it???

I wish you the very very best of luck with this.

You should also report her to eBay if this doesn't get sorted soon.