Buyer Is Claiming 'Authentic' Gucci is Not Authentic....

zacfashion

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
Hi Girls and Guys,

I sell used 'Authentic' shoot samples regular recently sold a Black Leather Gucci Horsebit Hobo, and shipped it to US.

Buyer has just contacted me claiming: 'This is not an authentic Gucci bag. I would like to return it and get my money back'.

I usually get all my items Gucci Authenticated by Castira in advance and show very clear pics of Zips/Serial Number, including a very clear Video of the bag, I have sold 100's with great feedback so am very concerned about this.

Buyers remorse or bait and switch, but sure but I do not like to be conned, so what should I do??? I have re-writted to Castira and replied to the buyer as such:

Hi, How you doing? Thank you for the mail.

Firstly, your writing to me on receiving a 'Authentic' Gucci Purse and telling me its not authentic, I would like to request you send me 'full proof' of why its not Authentic and the name of the member of Staff at the Gucci Store who told you its not authentic.

I have proof the Bag is authentic so I resent your insinuation that its not. I get all of my bags Authenticated by 'www.castira'com', she gives Authenticity guarantees on Ebay and Paypal claims so if she says a item is Authentic, its authentic and its clearly authentic.

Purchasing a authentic item from a reliable seller and then claiming its not authentic makes me very, very suspicious and I have to protect myself as a seller. I have placed very clear pics and a video on the auction so you should never have purchased if you were going to accuse a authentic bag as being a replica.

First thing to do is contact Castira and tell her I authenticated the bag through her and you need reaffirmation, then we can move forward.

Please get back to me,

Regards,

Any Help and Advice is Greatly Appreciated???

Honestly, just accept the return and refund. Should your buyer file a Paypal dispute, she will win.

Also, why do you keep saying 'authentic?' :confused1:

LoL, Sorry I guess I was slightly annoyed. Its not really fair as I am not really a business seller or a shop where people can just return things. Why would I not win if I get the Authenticated by Castira???

LoL, Sorry I guess I was slightly annoyed. Its not really fair as I am not really a business seller or a shop where people can just return things. Why would I not win if I get the Authenticated by Castira???

I agree with you that it is not fair, and I truly sympathize; this has happened to me, too. Paypal's bias lies heavily with the buyer, unfortunately. They typically will not take into consideration original receipts, third party authentication, etc. :sad:

I know this is definitely not the news you want to hear, but it's the truth. I would tell your buyer to send the bag back in the exact condition in which it was received and that you will refund.

Another problem with just returning/refunding is that I am almost admitting that its a fake, if she does it with me then who knows who else she will do it with?

You are not admitting she is a fake anymore than you are admitting she is a moron who does not deserve the bag. :idea:

It may be that your buyer is simply inexperienced and truly believes she has a fake; she may not be out to harm you.

Thanks Jenaywins, Your a Superstar, and your right. I just wish Buyers would stop treating Ebay like a Mall. If you want to return, go to the mall and pay full price.

I am lucky though as I have sold over 300 Bags on bay over 10 Years, with very few problems, but I would respect Buyers more if they were honest, rather than claiming the seller is dishonest.

Thanks Jenaywins, Your a Superstar, and your right. I just wish Buyers would stop treating Ebay like a Mall. If you want to return, go to the mall and pay full price.

I am lucky though as I have sold over 300 Bags on bay over 10 Years, with very few problems, but I would respect Buyers more if they were honest, rather than claiming the seller is dishonest.

:hugs:

I'm sorry. And I SO know how you feel. It's so frustrating. She obviously is having buyer's remorse. She doesn't deserve the bag. ;)

Just make sure that she knows to return the bag EXACTLY how she received it. :yes:

Agree here as well... while it is most disappointing & discouraging when a buyer

claims something is a "fake" when you know it isn't, in these circumstances

because PP usually sides with the buyer just cut your losses while you are

ahead of the game... if the buyer did pay with a cc she can file a chargeback

as well... that's just the way buyers do things...you can forward a letter

from Castira to perhaps show her that the bag is indeed authentic and you

having nothing to lose by doing so... would also remind your buyer that

upon inspection of the bag you will issue a refund... and your buyer should

send it back with insurance....keep us posted & sorry that you have to deal

with this...

Agree here as well... while it is most disappointing & discouraging when a buyer

claims something is a "fake" when you know it isn't, in these circumstances

because PP usually sides with the buyer just cut your losses while you are

ahead of the game... if the buyer did pay with a cc she can file a chargeback

as well... that's just the way buyers do things...you can forward a letter

from Castira to perhaps show her that the bag is indeed authentic and you

having nothing to lose by doing so... would also remind your buyer that

upon inspection of the bag you will issue a refund... and your buyer should

send it back with insurance....keep us posted & sorry that you have to deal

with this...

Thank You, your support and encouragement really helps. I am in UK and She is in WA, USA so I will see how she responds to my email, in which in hindsight I should not have mentioned the word 'authentic' so much, but I guess i had it in my mind.

Thank You, your support and encouragement really helps. I am in UK and She is in WA, USA so I will see how she responds to my email, in which in hindsight I should not have mentioned the word 'authentic' so much, but I guess i had it in my mind.

let's hope that perhaps your buyer might have a change of heart

after you send her a letter of authenticity.... don't be disappointed

if she still wants to send the bag back... keep us posted...

Thanks Again. I have also written to Castira to see if she has any words of Wisdom too, Thanks Sweets!

:winkiss:

let's hope that perhaps your buyer might have a change of heart

after you send her a letter of authenticity.... don't be disappointed

if she still wants to send the bag back... keep us posted...

Great perspective... Perhaps the buyer may change her mind! :nuts:

I sure will, I have just received a confirmation from Castira now about the confirmed authenticity of the item. So, I have emailed the Buyer again with more info, I think she may just be misinformed.

I sure will, I have just received a confirmation from Castira now about the confirmed authenticity of the item. So, I have emailed the Buyer again with more info, I think she may just be misinformed.

good for you... let your buyer sleep on it & hope that she

just re-evaluates what has been passed along to her..

keep us posted & good luck...