Buyer has not paid yet..hmm

sona

Dec 24, 2008
Pittsburgh,PA
So I sold my new Baby Bottega Veneta on Ebay last night. The buyer did not contact me during the auction at all. He/She was the only bidder and I suppose was hoping someone would out bis him/her.

Well, 3 hours after the auction ended he/she sent me a message asking if I was 100% sure that the bag was authentic and why I was selling the bag.

I responded very politely saying I was sure because I bought it myself and it was new. I was selling it because I found another medium sized Veneta in the same color and did not want to keep the smaller one, but had unfortunately gone past the return date for the bag.

I bought the bag on June 7th BTW. Now it has been several hours since and the buyer has not contacted me or paid. What can/should I do if the seller does not follow through? Thank you.

Sona

sona

Dec 24, 2008
Pittsburgh,PA
Also , I sold the bag at a loss to myself so Im kinda bugged with the sellers question about authenticity and regarding my reasons to sell the bag. However I do understand peoples hesitation when buying from ebay. I hate auctions where they say I explain in detail why they are selling their bags such as "my loss is your gain" for too good to be true deals. But I did no such thing. I honestly wanted to recover the monies I paid for a bag I wanted to ideally return on Ebay. I though someone who missed the BV sales could get the bag at the sale price. So its not even a sale at a premium. Just bugged , Thanks for letting me share.

Apr 15, 2007
I would think that the buyer had a good opportunity to look at your bag before they

placed a bid. Perhaps this could be buyers remorse or they just may be taking their

sweet time to pay. I would wait a couple more days and then send another

e-mail with an invoice as a "reminder to pay". See what happens and then take it from

there. Good luck!!

sona

Dec 24, 2008
Pittsburgh,PA
Thanks hotshot. Yes I had enough pictures to authenticate the bag and for the buyer to know the condition of the bag. Ill wait 3 days before contacting the buyer again. Thanks again.

Sona

mydogsfriend

Jun 19, 2009
Southern States
Your buyer did get a great deal and from their bid history, this is not the only handbag they were bidding on. I find that buyers either pay immediately or they are going to wait until it's convenient for them. I wouldn't worry just yet.

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
I just learned today that the buyer has 7 days to pay, even if you request payment within a specified timeframe, as I did. So aside from emailing them requesting payment, I don't think there's anything else you can do until a week has gone by and they haven't paid. That really annoys me but as I just found out, that's the way it is. About the authenticity questions...I think sometimes those types of questions can come across kind of rude when maybe they're not meaning to be. They're annoying as well, but I think mostly it's just buyers who either can't read your entire listing or are nervous about buying on ebay and wanting to be extra sure before they bid. In any event, I hope this is just a newbie ebayer and will pay soon without any hassle.

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
USA
One thing you guys might want to consider is seting up your auctions with BIN with immediate payment. You have to go into your seller's preferences to do BIN with instant payment. Buyer can't end/win the auction until PP payment is made. Otherwise they do have 7 days to pay. A lot of people do pay right away because they want their item and/or they honor your request in your actual listing saying payment due in ____time period; and others drag it out the whole 7 days..
Keep us posted and good luck.

giagnm

O.G.
Feb 11, 2009
Bag Heaven
I currently have a buyer who won my item yesterday but has not paid yet eventhough I specified payment within 24 hrs. Their bag is partially boxed and ready to go when they pay so I can wait. And if they don't pay by next Wed. I'll just relist and give them a NPB strike. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

misspiggy_07

Jun 6, 2008
Overcrowded Little Dot
I was a new buyer on ebay. The seller's listing stated to pay up within 3 days, I paid up on the third day bec' I didn't want to end up having buyer's remorse after the item was shipped out, it would be a hassle no? I hope I was doing right though :P

mydogsfriend

Jun 19, 2009
Southern States
A seller can say 24 hours, 3 days, whatever they want but the truth is, a buyer has 7 days to pay before any action can be taken. I stopped worrying about it and don't send anything until the 8th day. For casual sellers who need the money, this is a royal PITA but when selling more volume it doesn't matter as much.