Buyer has not paid, what do I do?

Twin Mom

O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
I sold a Coach key chain on Saturday with a best offer/BIN to the person with the highest offer with good feedback. That was on Saturday. I sent an invoice that day and I haven't heard a word from the buyer. Do I just send her another invoice or an email asking her when she is going to pay? I haven't sold anything on ebay in years so I'm not sure what I need to do next. I was kind of hoping to get the item shipped out already.

Thanks.

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
Unfortunately, the buyer has a whole week to pay you and you can't do anything until that point. I'd just be patient -- she might be waiting until the end of the month (payday for many people).

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
Dovunque voglia andare
Agree with the above comments.

You pretty much can't do anything until the 8th day, at which point you can file a NPB. But most likely, she/he is waiting until they get paid, which could be Friday.

It seems that nowadays buyers are pretty much doing what they want. If I know I can't pay right away, I always always contact the seller immediately and let them know when I can pay. They're always fine with that as long as I communicate with them.

Hang in there. I'm sure they'll follow through.

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
Eight days? That's a long time!

I'm kinda in the same situation right now. I specified that Immediate Payment is Required upon the close of the auction and haven't heard a peep from the buyer.

Do I have to wait 8 whole days before filing a NPB?

:confused1:

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
you can file for NPB on the 8th day then you have to wait another 7 days before you can finally get your FVF back. if the buyer makes a payment within the second 7 days you would still have to honor the transaction and ship.

Oh no... :confused1: That seems to be a long time to wait when I'd rather just relist the item.

pegasuscom

O.G.
Apr 11, 2008
Tell her you know her address and will hunt her down and beat her so badly that her Mother won't be able to recognize her... oops, it has always been a fantasy of mine to send such an email, my bad!

Seriously, I usually send either an email or another invoice if I have heard nothing by the 4th day. If still nothing by the 8th day, an email asking if they intend to pay and if not, I will have to file a NPB to recoup Ebay fees. Sorry you have a slow or non-paying one! Hope she responds soon.