Buyer gave me Johnny Air address

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

It's been some time since I was here. I am currently selling some items on Bonanza and got a decent offer from a recently-joined user with no feedback. Their profile says they are located in a US state, but when I quoted postage fees for that location, they instead provided a Woodside NY address for Johnny Air. Has anyone shipped anything to Johnny Air for an overseas buyer? I always ship with full insurance and Signature Confirmation -- would that protect me? I am just worried that something could go wrong, and I could get scammed or something.

Any prior experience or advice? TIA!!! :smile:

2. If they're paying through PayPal, you'd have to ship to their PP address to be covered.

3. As long as they add that address into paqypal before they pay and select that as the place to ship. The only thing is I write Do Not Forward on my stuff because you are not covered if the service just forwards it.

4. That has been my experience as well. I have shipped there and it was forwarded though, so I am not sure how that works. Delivery confirmation showed it as delivered to the paypal address, so I would think that it arrived at its intended location and whatever the buyer asked to have done with it after the fact was the buyer's doing and unrelated to any basis for a claim. But I have never had to fight a battle on that one.

Intl buyers do this in order to provide a US paypal address for sellers, but avoid customs at the same time by having that service ship undervalued overseas.

Bottom line is that anyone who doesn't recieve something is going to go after whoever they can to get their money back even if it wasn't the seller who was at fault. I would call paypal directly to see what their policy is on handling a claim in a situation such as yours before making any decision.

5. thanks, ladies! i messaged the buyer and said i would only ship to that address if it was their verified paypal address. i also plan to call paypal in the morning, just in case.

6. I an employee from Johnny Air Cargo. I have seen your questions regarding the shipping address. I am willing to help you regarding your inquiries. PM me your questions and inquiries.

THANKS!

7. I recently shipped a high end bag to buyer who used the Johnny Air address. I didn't know it at the time but my buyer was in the Philippines. The JA address was her Paypal confirmed address though and I insured the bag for it's full value and it was delivered with no problems.

8. Gen, members cannot PM you as you do not yet have those privileges. Aside from that, please don't use our PM system for business anyhow, you're welcome to post your email address instead.

9. I am really sorry about the post. I'll just leave my email address as advised. Thank you very much.

10. I wouldn't ship to forwarding addresses, not only cause I'm not sure how it works with paypal, but mainly because the person who "signs" for it is NOT the insured. Its not even a person who lives at the person's residence. Its an unknown.

I'd be very curious to see how paypal would deal with forwarding addresses though.

(I had a similar case where they wanted me to ship to Johnny Air Cargo since they reside in the Phillipines; but I refused. Too iffy.)

11. I shipped to Johnny Air, my buyer got her bag within a week! My buyer said she had used them many times and was very them. I would happily ship to Johnny Air again.
    I've since recommended JA to potential buyers in the Philippines asking me to underdeclare.
    Bag was $1800.

12. Thank you very much for your continued patronage.:biggrin:

13. #14 Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    im a loyal customer of johnny air cargo :smile: i live in the philippines and have successfully added jac nyc address to my paypal account so its confirmed. i've asked sellers to ship to me there and have not gotten a problem whatsoever. it's a philippine courier company and have better customs negotiations. shipping from the US to the philippines only takes 5-7 days via jac and im very happy with them.

that said, i should also add that i make it clear with the seller that once jac receives the package seller's responsibility is already finished -- unless there was a big INR case.

i just do not want to give too much shipping details since possible scammers may read this thread.

but for me shipping to jac if paypal shows a confirmed address status should be okay :biggrin:

14. Thank you very much! :yahoo:

We hope that we can be of service to other Filipino purseblog members.