Buyer from Germany??

Sep 5, 2006
I have a buyer from Germany who wants to pay with paypal with an unconfirmed address. I heard that all addresses from those that live in germany are unconfirmed, so does this mean your not covered?? What other method could I use to get paid without risking getting scammed?? He said bank wire to the US is very costly, any other suggestions?

Hi,

I'm from Germany and bought several times in the past from American sellers. As far as know you are covered by paypal because we don't have the confirmation option on paypal.de. plus besides that wire money to the States is expensive it also doesn't cover the buyer from potential fraud. just make sure you insure your package and fill out the customs form correctly as german customs can be a real pain in the a** sometimes ;)

The buyer would be a fool to wire you money - it is expensive and more importantly they have no protection. If Paypal says it's ok to ship then you are covered.

Only addresses in the US, UK and Canada can be confirmed (I think) The rest of the world can´t. I have 500+ transactions on ebay and my address is still not confirmed (Sweden), it´s however verified. Yes, you are covered as a seller. As long as you ship to the address stated on the paypal invoice.

I also heard shipping to some European countries, such as Italy and germany, packages could only be insured up to $500, no matter what the value was marekd on the custom paper. Is this true?

I also heard shipping to some European countries, such as Italy and germany, packages could only be insured up to $500, no matter what the value was marekd on the custom paper. Is this true?

You will have to check with the specific postal service/rate you are using. I believe couriers will offer better insurance limits than USPS, but again, check.

I am from Singapore and have used Paypal for numerous purchases. My address is still unconfirmed. There is a note that says addresses outside US cannot be confirmed.

Each country decides what amount of insurance can be done. Go to usps.com and put in the country you wish to ship to and the amount of insurance will be at the top of the page.

Some are only $500 and others go to $5,000.