Buyer Claims Fake BEFORE even getting the item!

adctd2onlnshpng

On Time OuT
Jan 18, 2010
So this ebuyer "foxbill57" with 668 feedback sends me this email today after I just shipped her a pair of Brand New Christian Louboutin's for $1299.00 . She has not received the item they are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow Friday. I upgraded her shipping for free so she could have them by Friday as she indicated she needed them by Friday. She is basically accusing me of selling counterfeits because my pictures which I failed to watermark were stolen off of my listings and I guess are being used on "ioffer".

She purchased them yesterday evening I shipped them out first thing this morning along with a copy of the original receipt with my information blacked out. I don't know if she is trying to scam me or what or if its buyers remorse. :confused1: I have no idea but she wanted them by "Friday" and she is scouring "ioffer" which is known to sell counterfeits, I wonder if she was planning on a bait and switch? or if she was planning on wearing them then returning them????

I am so upset with the buyer for accusing me of this and demanding a refund without even have receiving the item that I am thinking of fighting this and not letting her return! I am a long time ebay power seller with close to 300 feedback which most of are for high end designer goods . I report counterfeits to ebay almost every other day and I have the original receipt of the shoes I can't imagine not winning. Not to mention she jumped the gun before she even got the item.

Here is her first email to me

Dear ,

I am in process of opening a claim with ebay and paypal. Let me know if you want to resolve by sending a refund and I'll send the shoes back. I have bookmarked your Ioffer page where you sell the same shoes for $180 and of course you accept offers for much less. You are committing fraud and I will pursue this to the fullest. Contact me as soon as possible to let me know if you want to resolve and refund me for your fraudulant sale.

- foxbill57

her 2nd email
Dear ,

Wow! When did "they" have all the time to use your pictures as you state? And didn't you know that "they" were using your pictures if you are elouboutin seller? I can't believe you won't offer a refund even when your cover is blown? Do you think this is a moral way to make a living?

- foxbill57

OMG---has someone used your photos on IOffer? And the buyer thinks it is you? Eeeekk!

Can you recall the shoes?????? I would be on the phone with the PO the very first thing and see if they can stop the delivery.

Here is their purchase history http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ill57&completed=1&all=1&rows=50&sort=1&_rdc=1

What I find telling is that they are all higher end purchases and not one fb has been left by either seller or buyer. Which makes me wonder if any of those other sellers had a problem with her also. I would shoot them an ASQ and see what they say. I admit I didn't take the time to look and see if any of the items were relisted, so maybe you could check that first.

She is FOS as she can't open claims with Ebay & PP both. IMO she sounds like a seasoned scammer....the hostility and threats right away. I sure hope i am wrong.....:sad:

Meh...can't edit prior post, but if she is indeed a scammer nothing you say, no proof you offer - even if it came from monsieur Louboutin himself - will make her change her mind (or story) that they are fake. Her being refunded and keeping the shoes is predicated on this.

Your best bet is to stop delivery and have the shoes returned to you.

Good luck!

OMG---has someone used your photos on IOffer? And the buyer thinks it is you? Eeeekk!

Can you recall the shoes?????? I would be on the phone with the PO the very first thing and see if they can stop the delivery.

Here is their purchase history http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ill57&completed=1&all=1&rows=50&sort=1&_rdc=1

What I find telling is that they are all higher end purchases and not one fb has been left by either seller or buyer. Which makes me wonder if any of those other sellers had a problem with her also. I would shoot them an ASQ and see what they say. I admit I didn't take the time to look and see if any of the items were relisted, so maybe you could check that first.

She is FOS as she can't open claims with Ebay & PP both. IMO she sounds like a seasoned scammer....the hostility and threats right away. I sure hope i am wrong.....:sad:

I will call the Post Office right away. I just can't believe this is happening with a buyer /seller with over 668 feedback its so crazy I should've knocked on wood when I saw her feedback count because the first thing that came to my mind was I have a "REAL buyer" :okay:

Thank you for the link I didn't even realize I could check that! :hugs:

I will call the Post Office right away. I just can't believe this is happening with a buyer /seller with over 668 feedback its so crazy I should've knocked on wood when I saw her feedback count because the first thing that came to my mind was I have a "REAL buyer" :okay:

Yes! You should call the Post Office ASAP! You won't want to risk losing the shoe and money at the same time.

I had the exact same situation last week. Luckily, i didn't ship it that soon. A buyer bought and paid for my Louboutin shoe and claimed that it was fake because my pictures appeared on iOffer. Same mistake of not watermarking my pictures! I simply hate those counterfeiters at iOffer. I am fortunate that i didn't lose anything in this situation...so you must get the shoes back from the Post Office really fast. Pay for the service to retrieve your shoes if you have to...

Call USPS customer service and ask them to give you the phone number for the local office that will have this package for delivery. Then call that office directly and give them the tracking number. If it is not on the route, they can still pull it out for you.
I did that last week and was successfull. I spent a 1/2 over the phone till they finally found out exactly which office has the package.
As for watermarking photos, they even steal those photos and use them. some block the water mark and some have the nerve to use it with watermarks. So it is not a 100% help.
I wish you the best, and hope that the buyer comes back to her senses.

If you look directly under where it says My Ebay you will see a green search box. Right next to that it will say Advanced. Click there and search by seller or buyer. ;)

Just make sure you call the PO early. My Confirmations show that they usually go out right after 8 AM the buyers time.

Come on, the way she accuses you in the second mail is just ridiculous! It's not that she doesn't believe you, it' s more like she doesn't want to believe you. I agree with above posters that there probably isn't anything you can say/ do to convince her 'cause this sounds more like buyers remorse (or in the very worst case a scam attempt!!)
I hope this works out, OP. Just get your shoes back, give her the refund and block her from any future auction you have.

I keep finding more red flags every time I read this. Did you use Overnight/Next Day shipping? Did the buyer request this? That is usually a bad sign. Happened here http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/help-i-think-i-am-being-scammed-667203.html and to a few others recently iirc.

I wouldn't be worried about her wearing and then returning them. Scammers want to keep their ill gotten gains. She might be pulling a switcheroo, but she wouldn't necessarily need to buy anything from IOffer iykwim. She is setting up a plausible scenario. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

yes she requested next day air she stressed she needed them by Friday. I will be calling the local post offices in her immediate area as early as possible to try to stop it I do not trust her one bit and am fearing the worst of a bait n switch. I can not believe the nerve of some people :cursing::rant::mad:

OMG---- she is in Glendale CA. Are you in San Francisco? She would have gotten it the next day anyway if you are in the same state!
If you are a PS you should have access to special CS reps. After you call the PO call them and tell them what she is pulling. Might not do any good but you never know.

Come on, the way she accuses you in the second mail is just ridiculous! It's not that she doesn't believe you, it' s more like she doesn't want to believe you. I agree with above posters that there probably isn't anything you can say/ do to convince her 'cause this sounds more like buyers remorse (or in the very worst case a scam attempt!!)
I hope this works out, OP. Just get your shoes back, give her the refund and block her from any future auction you have.

agree... fingers are crossed that you can get your shoes back..

tell her just to send them back if you can get the PO to pull for you...