Buyer Claims Fake BEFORE even getting the item!

I sincerely hope you get them back--the fact that she's adamant that they're fake, without a doubt, but still wants to receive them and double-check that they're fake? HUGE red flag.

Also, what's to stop a shady, scammy buyer from taking a seller's pictures and creating their own ioffer auction with the photos to show "proof" to ebay and paypal that a seller is sending fakes? Just a thought.

I usually try to work out with buyers but NOT with THIS ONE.
She sounds too much. I can help thinking she is trying to get a free pair of CL.
Hope they can stop the package and return to you! Fingers crossed!

UGH!! Of all people, I cannot believe that you are going through this babe! I'm so very sorry. :hugs:

What on earth is wrong with people? It's taking a lot of restraint for me not to send this person a nasty email on eBay.

Keep us updated pleaseeeeeeee!!!

Hi Everyone! ok update I just got off the phone with the manager at her local post office he had the package in his hand and they are sending them back express to me so my local post office might have them as early as tomorrow :yahoo:

I opened up a case to cancel the transaction and used "other" for reason along with this statement

This case has been opened by the seller with the following reason: Other.
Additional information provided by the seller: Buyer is falsely accusing me of selling counterfeit even before she has seen the item. Buyer is very
hostile and not willing to even listen to me and wait for the package I am fearing possible "bait and switch" scam in progress I have recalled the package and will refund buyer immediately upon the return of my un opened package from the United States Postal Service I have also contacted consumer affairs to let them know of this situation Please refer to all correspondence between buyer and I.

I did this so I can get my final value fee of $97.48 credited back to me. I will only be out the $39 I paid for the express shipping to send back to her. She accepted my cancellation so they closed the case and I got my FVF back but now she opened up a case and this was the email I got from ebay

The buyer opened a case: Item doesn't match the description Jun 03, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Details provided by the buyer:
The buyer said the item doesn't match your description
The buyer has already contacted you through eBay Messages
The buyer paid on Jun 01, 2011
You have responded to the buyer
You have tried or are trying to help the buyer with the problem
The item is fake

my options to respond are

A. Request buyer to return the item for a full refund(Buyer's preference)
Refund $1,317.00 through PayPal to the buyer after the item is delivered to you.
warning
You must refund the buyer within 3 days of receiving the item back.

B. Issue a full refund

C. let buyer keep item and Issue a partial refund

D. Offer other solution(e.g., exchanges, missing parts, general questions, etc.)

E. Escalate the case to eBay Customer Support

I would like to choose "A" refund the buyer as soon as I get the item back but if I choose this does this mean that I am basically accepting that she is claiming my item counterfeit? I do not want to have this on my ebay account that I am selling a counterfeit item because they are not counterfeit. I do want to refund her as soon as I get my package back and be done with her OR should I choose "E" and escalate to an Ebay Customer Support and speak to them about it. My paypal account is now negative $1300 because I took the money out yesterday.

Thank you again everyone for all of your help and advice its because of your advice Poopsie2 that I woke up at 5:45 am and called her local post office and caught the package in time :ghi5:

ok just got off the phone with the local post office in her area they have not received the express mail as of yet but I was told by the supervisor that they need me to go to my local post office to fill out a "recall of mail" form to have faxed to them so they can stop it from being delivered. The supervisor told me he would be looking out for the fax and also the package and that he will not deliver the package because I have called this morning to inform them of what is going on. Will keep everyone updated...... off to the post office now . :doggie:

keep us updated and hopefully this package won't be delivered.

the buyer is a real son of a bi**h!!

What? She opened the SNAD with not having the shoes in her hand? And even after she agreed to cancel the transaction? This buyer must be a nut case. It doesn't make any sense to me:wacko: I'd call eBay immediately and let them know the tracking and look up the record of cancelled transaction.

Great news, OP!!

Now, about the claim, I would perhaps first contact PP and see what is best, I would not reply before you have your shoes in your hands (hopefully by tomorrow). I would contact PP first because this is obviously a crap claim; as you said in your claim she has not even seen the item yet!! Unfortunately PP isn't known for their clever insights and that is why I would be carefull as how to answer the claim. How many days do you have til you have to respond?

Seriously, though, I do not understand why this b***h has opened another claim in the first place,... What is she trying to pull?! If the package is on its way back to you then why is she still trying this??:wacko:

What? She opened the SNAD with not having the shoes in her hand? And even after she agreed to cancel the transaction? This buyer must be a nut case. It doesn't make any sense to me:wacko: I'd call eBay immediately and let them know the tracking and look up the record of cancelled transaction.

Good point---I thought one has to actually receive the item in the mail before filing SNAD? At least this is what Ebay told me.

Also, when this is all over and done with, I would send this buyer a message urgently advising her to have a CAT scan, looking for a tumor affecting the cognitive centers of her brain.

Good grief, I thought we'd seen it all, but now this.
I would also not respond to the case yet. Call PP and ask them why a buyer can open a SNAD claim after having agreed to cancel AND never having received the item? At least she didn't file INR, though that would be beyond stupid as well if she already agreed to cancel.
What a nightmare for you!

Call eBay and explain the circumstances.

The transaction has already been cancelled, so she technically cannot file SNAD at this point.

What a b*tch. What's her ID again? Post it EVERYWHERE.