Buyer claims Celine trapeze is fake. Please help!

lola rose

O.G.
Feb 9, 2008
Dear girls,

So, I sold my used Celine trapeze bag a week ago. Today, I got email from the buyer that she thinks that it's a fake! She THINKS! She is about to open the case but she wanted to tell me that she wants to return the bag and wants her money back.

I told her that it'a not a fake, since it was bought in the store that is an official retailer of Celine and many other designers. She insisted that she doesnt want to go back and forth whether its authentic or not, only that she doesnt like the bag and she wants to return it.

This is the first time I find myself in this kind of situation so I don't know what to do. Can she open the case just because she THINKS its a fake? What should I do now?

Thank you so much girls for your kind reply, I really appreciate your help.

:smile:

Dear girls,

So, I sold my used Celine trapeze bag a week ago. Today, I got email from the buyer that she thinks that it's a fake! She THINKS! She is about to open the case but she wanted to tell me that she wants to return the bag and wants her money back.

I told her that it'a not a fake, since it was bought in the store that is an official retailer of Celine and many other designers. She insisted that she doesnt want to go back and forth whether its authentic or not, only that she doesnt like the bag and she wants to return it.

This is the first time I find myself in this kind of situation so I don't know what to do. Can she open the case just because she THINKS its a fake? What should I do now?

Thank you so much girls for your kind reply, I really appreciate your help.

:smile:

Yes she can open a case because she thinks it is fake. It does sound like a case of buyer's remorse and sounds like she will open a case unless you agree to refund her.

How do you feel about accepting the return and refunding her?

Yes she can open a case because she thinks it is fake. It does sound like a case of buyer's remorse and sounds like she will open a case unless you agree to refund her.

How do you feel about accepting the return and refunding her?

Honestly, I do not accept returns, moreso when I see she is trying to fit it into "fake" dept and its so obvious its a remorse case. If she had contacted me in other way, saying she doesnt like it and ask me if I could do the refund maybe I would have consented. But like this... And she would send it back to me from Canada so I would actually need to pay import taxes for my own bag!!!

What happens if she opens a case? What does Ebay do in this cases? I hope some autentication is neccessary before they confirm her case for a bag being fake?

Honestly, I do not accept returns, moreover when she is trying to fit it into "fake" dept and its so obvious its a remorse case. If she had contacted me in other way, saying she doesnt like it and ask me if I could do the refund maybe I would consent. But like this... And she would send it back to me from Canada so I would actually need to pay import taxes for my own bag!!!

What happens if she opens a case? What does Ebay do in this cases? I hope some autentication is neccessary before they confirm her case for a bag being fake?

Have sent you a PM.

It sounds like a case of buyer's remorse. There are so many horror stories on ebay that I would accept the return. However, I would make sure it's the exact bag that you sent and not a fake that she's sending back to you.

I also PM'd you