buyer claiming item i sold is fake

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
so i sold a hermes CDC bracelet on ebay. i bought it from a reputable reseller (jemz n jewels). i didn't like the color once i saw it irl so decided to sell it. now the buyer is claiming it's fake simply because the stud is slightly crooked (i did not notice this and neither did the reseller i bought it from). i wanted to get the bracelet authenticated here but they won't authenticate closed auctions. the buyer opened a dispute. any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Getting the CDC authenticated here won't help you on an eBay case if your buyer has opened one. You should contact an H authenticator accepted by eBay/PP and get a written authentication. Have you contacted Bababebi? She is the premier H authenticator and a favorite on the H boards. Good luck.

Getting the CDC authenticated here won't help you on an eBay case if your buyer has opened one. You should contact an H authenticator accepted by eBay/PP and get a written authentication. Have you contacted Bababebi? She is the premier H authenticator and a favorite on the H boards. Good luck.

This.

I already suggested you do this when you asked in the auth.thread. You need to contact an authentication service that is accepted by ebay/pp, a post on tpf won't help your case.

I also suggested you contact bababebi, the sooner the better if your buyer already opened a case against you.

This.

I already suggested you do this when you asked in the auth.thread. You need to contact an authentication service that is accepted by ebay/pp, a post on tpf won't help your case.

I also suggested you contact bababebi, the sooner the better if your buyer already opened a case against you.

Contact bababebi as soon as you can. Authenticate4U may also be of help.

Keep us posted

i have contacted her. at the time of me trying to get it authenticated here, the buyer had not opened a dispute so i was just going to have it authenticated for their piece of mind.

is it the responsibility of the seller to prove the item is authentic or the responsibility of the buyer to prove the item is fake?

i have contacted her. at the time of me trying to get it authenticated here, the buyer had not opened a dispute so i was just going to have it authenticated for their piece of mind.

is it the responsibility of the seller to prove the item is authentic or the responsibility of the buyer to prove the item is fake?

With eBay the ball is definitely in your court. Many sellers have had the experience that eBay will force a return if the buyer claims it's fake even without any evidence to support it. PayPal usually requires the buyer to show some evidence that the item is counterfeit.

Don't be surprised if eBay tells you you have to take the return.

Reactions: trishaluvslv
With eBay the ball is definitely in your court. Many sellers have had the experience that eBay will force a return if the buyer claims it's fake even without any evidence to support it. PayPal usually requires the buyer to show some evidence that the item is counterfeit.

Don't be surprised if eBay tells you you have to take the return.

Agree here.. But if the item does get returned, at least you will know
the item has been authenticated & you can include that in your listing,
so you won't have to deal with that issue.

Yes.

It is Always productive the be one step ahead if you have a buyer who tells you your item is fake. You say the buyer had not yet opened a case when you posted in the authenticate hermes thread, and I did not get that impression either. I still adviced you to Contact a paid service so that you would have all the necessary documents at hand. You are welcome.

I do think it's a good idea to get a paid authentication. They can sometimes take some time and if you find yourself in need of one it's good to have it completed already. Plus, as hotshot points out, it can be useful if you're going to relist. It also might be of use for evidence if the buyer tries to pull a switch or has damaged the item.

Be pre-emptive and get a written authentication by bababebi.

Once you have it, make sure she returns the exact item to you and when you resell it, you can mention that it was professionally authenticated by bababebi in your listing.

I do think it's a good idea to get a paid authentication. They can sometimes take some time and if you find yourself in need of one it's good to have it completed already. Plus, as hotshot points out, it can be useful if you're going to relist. It also might be of use for evidence if the buyer tries to pull a switch or has damaged the item.

That is what I meant. You can have an item authenticated very quickly but the sooner you need it from the time of submission the higher the price you will have to pay to get the authentication. I am not sure if all authenticaters adopt that strategy, I have only used one once, but it is quite expensive if you need it to be done within 24 hours. It will be in the $100 I think.

This is why I immediately suggested she have it authenticated by someone who is accepted by pp/ebay, in my reply to her on the auth.hermes thread yesterday. The longer the wait the higher the price if it is needed quickly.